What Bridle would suit my girl?

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
Open to any suggestions...as long as its brown :tongue:

Finnley & Brandy have massive chunky dinosaur heads so ive always just chosen thick/wide type bridles for them.

Now i have Buffy whos got a teeny weeny little dainty head im not too sure what to go for?

Links & Suggestions please my NR ladies! :biggrin:

Also what colour browband/saddle pad colour would suit her? She will be in brown tack eventually (If her saddle ever does arrive!)
Was thinking pink or purple? but then i thought black horse, brown tack and pink? Not sure if would look right :unsure:

Do you think the brown tack will look wierd on her? Ive always been a black tack lover :giggle:

Pics of the little lady!

Current Bridle...Not sure if the flash is really neccassary tbh!
66969231.jpg

I always close my eyes on the nice looking photos lol!
708d139b.jpg

bbda056b.jpg

90d7fefe.jpg

0c4d63b0.jpg

Thanks guys :biggrin:

I think she'd suit a bridle that's not rolled leather..
bridle-double-2.jpg

Yes it's a double bridle, but you get the idea :smile:
I think she'd suit wider nose band/ brow band as well

I am no help at all, but she is lovely!!!
Hehe cheers Mrs.T :biggrin:

Something in black and white, with 5/8" cheeks, a raised (or raised and padded) noseband at no wider than about 7/8" and something pretty in the browband.

IMHO! ;)

Gorgeous horse!! :)

Thanks KV but cant have black :giggle: her saddle is brown :cry:

And c'mon its miss bling queen your talking too course she'll have a pretty browband lmao! :mstickle:

I think she'd suit a bridle that's not rolled leather..
bridle-double-2.jpg

Yes it's a double bridle, but you get the idea :smile:
I think she'd suit wider nose band/ brow band as well

EW ROLLED LEATHER YACK lmao! :cold:

Yeah i think i quite like the thought of a hunter type noseband, cheers DS!

NO!! No rolled leather on anything other than an arab! Rolled leather is cack (sorry for anyone who likes it!!)

She'd get away with a hunt-cav bridle, but she's very pretty so could carry of the raised look and some colour/contrast. :)

Im with you on that one KV, rolled leather is just uuuuuuuuuuurgh!

I wasnt sure wether the more dainty raised stuff would be better but now im quite liking the thought of a nice little plain hunt cav one.

Decisions decisions...

Rolled leather just would't suit such a pretty face :wink:

Hehe :giggle: i agree with you on that one

I would go with black-can you change the saddle. :giggle:

I like the idea with white in it.
I had flashes! Get rid. I suspect now teeth done she won't open her mouth. A horse always has a reason to do something in response or reaction to something our hands do.

BROWN hunt cavesson then....with interchangable pretty browband! :giggle:

HEHE i like the sound of that :tongue: Thanks KV

I would go with black-can you change the saddle. :giggle:

I like the idea with white in it.
I had flashes! Get rid. I suspect now teeth done she won't open her mouth. A horse always has a reason to do something in response or reaction to something our hands do.

No NO nooooooooooo dont even tempt me lol its been posted already :mstickle:

Yeah im not a flash fan either. I dont even think she does open her mouth Karen poor girl was just so tense in her jaw/neck well everywhere! Glad its all getting sorted now though :smile:

Plain colour that can be changed to match the pad in use that day.

See now your thinking of solutions hehe :angel: BUT what colour :mstickle:

I have to say that brown wouldn't go amiss, just what shade you go for has to co-exist with the saddle.. I think she'd suit brown, especially if it's a hunter bridle with a nice 'blingy' browband :wink:
sabre-eton-snaffle-bridle-show-hunter--599-p.jpg

My mums black mare has brown tack, looks really good on her and makes her look 'more black'.

She looks like she has quite a long face, so a thin-ish hunt cavesson would look nice on her I think :)

Both of mine have dinky kv hunt caves son which suit them and also mean we can show in them etc. they do both have pretty brown bands as well as plain though!!

Also you could just get two different nose bands? One raised and pretty and one plain hunt caveson?

I have to say that brown wouldn't go amiss, just what shade you go for has to co-exist with the saddle.. I think she'd suit brown, especially if it's a hunter bridle with a nice 'blingy' browband :wink:
sabre-eton-snaffle-bridle-show-hunter--599-p.jpg

Oooo Thanks DS, That actually looks reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally nice. Havent seen one on a black horse yet so thats fab thanks!

Big blingy browband is a MUST, im like a magpie just lurrrrrv sparklie stuff :wub:

Oh I love her big expressive eyes. No clue about bridles

Hehe tanks Karin...she has got massive eyes :wub:

My mums black mare has brown tack, looks really good on her and makes her look 'more black'.

She looks like she has quite a long face, so a thin-ish hunt cavesson would look nice on her I think :)

Glad you think it will look okay, its hard to visulize it at the moment :giggle:

Yeah im definatly thinking the hunt cav is the way to go :smile:

Both of mine have dinky kv hunt caves son which suit them and also mean we can show in them etc. they do both have pretty brown bands as well as plain though!!

Also you could just get two different nose bands? One raised and pretty and one plain hunt caveson?

LF thats a great idea :giggle: you'll get me in trouble with OH though haha :tongue:

Pink and brown will go together as long as not to vibrant Flora had a Brown Saddle and pink Saddle Cloth and it looked Quite nice.

newrider.com