What a week!

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Well, Monday started off with my first ever Microsoft teams meeting, have to do a business admin course to get my job seekers allowance. Then just as I was getting my head around that I got a text from my tenant saying ‘I’ve moved out, my health is suffering because you have threatened me with court so I’ve left, your keys are through the letterbox’
Just when I’d resigned myself to staying put for the next six months, it threw me a bit to be honest. Anyway, he’s gone ? so we left it three days (Covid safe) and went up to have a look at the damage, same day I got my redundancy pay, holiday pay and notice period pay, yay ?
Downside is tenant has left my little house in a disgusting mess, we need a total refurb, getting hold of trades is proving difficult as they’re all so busy but have managed to get my bathroom fitter on board to start end of October on the bathroom and downstairs lol (which stinks of about ten years of dried wee) got a couple of builders coming to quote this weekend for the rest of the work but neither of them can start anything until Jan.
Then yesterday Mr KR (still n furlough) gets a phone call from his boss to tell him he’s being made redundant at the end of October, it kind of suits our plans to be honest, especially now we have the little house back, but boy what a whirlwind of a week! ? is how I feel.

• Wow
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Hecky! What a week indeed! Sorry to hear your tenant left such a mess though, that's not good but you sound like you're upbeat and getting it sorted and organised as best you can. I think a nice glass of whatever you fancy tonight with dinner is in order:D It really does sound like your plans are going to go-ahead and everything come right for you at long last......................?

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Hecky! What a week indeed! Sorry to hear your tenant left such a mess though, that's not good but you sound like you're upbeat and getting it sorted and organised as best you can. I think a nice glass of whatever you fancy tonight with dinner is in order:D It really does sound like your plans are going to go-ahead and everything come right for you at long last......................?
I wasn’t upbeat on Monday Trewsers, I had a mini meltdown thinking how am I going to get everything organised while I’m trying to finish my art course, do this stupid admin course and aarghhh what about cash flow and what if, what if, what if!
Then I gave myself a good talking to and said right girl, nothing you can do to change anything so just better get on with cracking on with it all.
To be honest it’s taken a few days to switch on my ‘work’ head, being as I’ve not worked since early March I was a bit rusty, ???

Reactions: Trewsers
Sorry youve had the tenant from hell, been there done that. Thank goodness he's gone. Its the best thing ever when you get them gone. No matter the damage.

We had a tenant we gave notice to after owing rent and loads of BS. Especially after the police came knocking at our door for info on himand being suspected of handling stolen goods. He left the house lighting in a dangerous and appauling state. Live wires coming through the celling. The rubbish was horrendous. Thank god it was only a 3 room little cottage.

Is that now compulsory that if you are claiming jobseekers you have to enrol in a course. I know several years ago when i was out of work they tried to force me to do other study courses even though id just completed several years worth of IT studies under my own esteem, spending several thousands of £s in study fees and couldnt get a job in that field. So they wanted me to change direction and go on some other course i had no interest in, to train in something completely different. I refused, but lucky i actually got a job through other avenues in the nick of time.

Well, Monday started off with my first ever Microsoft teams meeting, have to do a business admin course to get my job seekers allowance. Then just as I was getting my head around that I got a text from my tenant saying ‘I’ve moved out, my health is suffering because you have threatened me with court so I’ve left, your keys are through the letterbox’
Just when I’d resigned myself to staying put for the next six months, it threw me a bit to be honest. Anyway, he’s gone ? so we left it three days (Covid safe) and went up to have a look at the damage, same day I got my redundancy pay, holiday pay and notice period pay, yay ?
Downside is tenant has left my little house in a disgusting mess, we need a total refurb, getting hold of trades is proving difficult as they’re all so busy but have managed to get my bathroom fitter on board to start end of October on the bathroom and downstairs lol (which stinks of about ten years of dried wee) got a couple of builders coming to quote this weekend for the rest of the work but neither of them can start anything until Jan.
Then yesterday Mr KR (still n furlough) gets a phone call from his boss to tell him he’s being made redundant at the end of October, it kind of suits our plans to be honest, especially now we have the little house back, but boy what a whirlwind of a week! ? is how I feel.
dreadful, i am sorry, we had tenants leave with massive debt and left the place filthy. did you rent via an agent? Definitely pursue them for the damage. Take loads of pictures. How will you manage workwise with the redundancy etc

dreadful, i am sorry, we had tenants leave with massive debt and left the place filthy. did you rent via an agent? Definitely pursue them for the damage. Take loads of pictures. How will you manage workwise with the redundancy etc

I was also going to say get loads of photos and also get workmen to put details on invoices, that way there's proof if he wants his deposit back and if needs be you can pursue him for costs. It sounds like a disheartening start has actually worked out well in the end ?

Reactions: Huggy
If it's any consolation, OH is landlord to 4 HMOs. A few years ago after a hellish time with one tenant, who terrorised the rest of the house (he was an ex con, and drug dealer - long story), he managed to get him out. He found, when he went in to clear the room - numerous knives, a machete under the bed, and a baseball bat behind the door. Oh, and they had two very vicious staffies, which he'd managed to hide whenever OH came to collect rent etc. We also went to clear a room once, and when I moved the chest of drawers, cockroaches ran out in every direction. I ran out screaming. The joys of being a landlord.

God!you have had enough for a month let alone a week!

Just thought i would add a little.
I do rent, been happily in this house 2 years. I have pets (been animal mad) rabbits,a lone rat as her sister died and a hamster. The condition being if there are any damages to the house from them i have to pay for it when i leave.

But we arent all nightmare tennents.

Reactions: Trewsers
Hooray! You finally got rid of him ? I bet it’s been very overwhelming with all that going on but it’s great you’re finally able to move forwards and crack on ?

newrider.com