What a difference

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
Honestly I think Kia has regressed ten years in his head :) He was being very bouncy out our hack today, he barely kept a lid on it at some points but he was certainly enjoying his wander.

Even though I asked him to stand for a few mins as i videod some deer crossing the road infront of us rather closely and he had a tantrum. I was getting sass right left and Center. I didn’t have any real contact on his mouth (I rarely do hacking to be honest) so he having a strop at me asking him with my seat and legs to stand. It’s at the end of the short video I will post a link to.

The hack itself was gorgeous but freezing and I have to say I love having a barefoot aurefooted pony :D

He was very keen to be caught lol :D

FBFA308C-EA07-49FF-806B-77CAE626CA35.jpeg 187A7DA6-8A6F-4B0B-9E0B-60966E7C67E9.jpeg C7358A30-A90C-4156-AD0B-07D368B34C81.jpeg Setting off past his field and his herd :)3D234523-A88D-47F7-8B09-540DADCEB237.jpeg

F3AB63E5-F815-4BC9-87D3-BC8C5159D638.jpeg D72D5E98-AD2D-4979-8A6A-05877951FB7A.jpeg D310B665-7B23-47B0-8D7E-0BFEB985C42F.jpeg 76826454-E214-4AA8-B56A-DE70133C3BCC.jpeg D9467151-1957-42D4-B4DE-45196688F446.jpeg 0CF57EFE-1273-45E2-8163-64F7F5EF92B8.jpeg

More to come :)

Last edited:
Just got the video - he strops like my welshie! "I'm fierce & scary, you need to let me have my own way. Look how fierce I am, aren't you scared? You must be scared! Well if all you're going to do is laugh I shan't bother!" then stomps off in a huff trying to rattle every bone in my body lol

Lol nothing like a welshie for a strop eh ;) :D

Honestly I didn’t even get to watch the deer as the old bugger dragon snorted and the bolted then he started that as if to say right they are gone can we go now :D

The attitude is strong in this one ;)

Reactions: carthorse
Looks gorgeous in the snow. He is a wee monkey trying it on. Glad to see the extra half a tab is doing the trick for him.

Reactions: MrC
So pleased to read this, he must be feeling well. Handsome man, lovely photos looks very cold though!

Thanks @Ale he was very happy hahaha

@joellie the extra 0.5mg seems to be reverting him ten years! Honestly I wasn’t expecting him to be back to being as fiery, I was expecting him to be a bit sluggish with how unfit he is but he has other ideas he wants to trot everywhere and he’s just not fit enough lol. The cheek was just that lol cheek, he knows better and I know he knows better so that seems to. E as far as it goes ;)

@Lissie thank you I was very worried about him 6weeks ago but we seem to have it all in order now and he’s loving his new regime :)

The snow is lovely and picturesque but yep it is very cold, even with toastie sock on my feet were like icicles by the end of the ride :)

@HaloHoney thank you :)

Love it! He looks and sounds so well.......love it when they start showing a bit of attitude again it always makes me feel at last they really are getting there. I love the way you talk to him - sounds just like Dolly and I when we need to have that 'conversation' ! :D

Love it! He looks and sounds so well.......love it when they start showing a bit of attitude again it always makes me feel at last they really are getting there. I love the way you talk to him - sounds just like Dolly and I when we need to have that 'conversation' ! :D

Oh yes that’s my ‘yep we are having a chat voice’ as you can see by his reaction he knows that tone well ;)

I’ve been in two minds about the riding as in should I just retire him. But since the last two hack he has been forwards, perky and full of himself it’s made me feel better about a couple of short pootles per week.

He was fighting to keep a lid on it, had I leaned forwards or even thought about faster over that grass he would have been off with both heels in the air :p old bugger but I didn’t want him being silly and hurting himself. I’ll see how he is on Friday and I might take him into the hay field and let him pick a speed :cool:

@Jane&Ziggy hahah thanks :) it was a lovely but freezing day! To be back down to -7/8 tonight again, meant to get fresh snow on Friday :)

So lovely to see your video and your relationship - tbh I though you were speaking another language at first:eek: it's been that long since I've been in the UK:eek::oops::oops::oops: But lovely to hear your voice. I so hope that one day I can have that much confidence in mine whereby I can just say "MANNERS" and thats enough:D:p

Eta : I might even try to add that to her language skills this week

So lovely to see your video and your relationship - tbh I though you were speaking another language at first:eek: it's been that long since I've been in the UK:eek::oops::oops::oops: But lovely to hear your voice. I so hope that one day I can have that much confidence in mine whereby I can just say "MANNERS" and thats enough:D:p

Eta : I might even try to add that to her language skills this week

I do talk a lot to my horses lol they have all known tone and certain phrases :p I knew he was just being impatient and trying it on. In a younger horse I probably wouldn’t have tolerated as much dancing and attitude but I know him inside out and there was no badness or intention he just wanted to keep marching on and get back to his hay hahaha :D:p;)

Reactions: orbvalley
newrider.com