Western Saddle Fitters

Claire1605

Apr 25, 2008
Essex
Anybody know of a reputable western saddle fitter in Essex?

Now that OH has decided to get back into riding Harvey and accompanying me on hacks, he really wants a western saddle :unsure: (It's a man thing!!).

He doesn't want to wear breaches just jeans and cowboy hat lol!!

Anyway, I don't know anything about western and don't want to buy a saddle off internet as it will need to be fitted correctly.

Anybody know of a reputable western saddle fitter in Essex?

Now that OH has decided to get back into riding Harvey and accompanying me on hacks, he really wants a western saddle :unsure: (It's a man thing!!).

He doesn't want to wear breaches just jeans and cowboy hat lol!!

Anyway, I don't know anything about western and don't want to buy a saddle off internet as it will need to be fitted correctly.

Wanting to break Max to western. Not going to do the calamity Jane thing though. Lol.

Sorry cant help. Will have the same prob in a couple of years. Hahaha. Good luck. When you get sorted must post pics.

Contact western saddler in here. I have a feeling she's Hampshire but not sure, and my geography is so cac I've no idea whether that's near you or not. She does travel though or she might be able to recommend someone else.

Fitting a western saddle, btw, us even more important than fitting an English one - they're excellent saddles when they fit properly but are extremely unforgiving when not a perfect fit.

I'm dying for a western saddle, contacted someone in Cumbria who travels around/does tours, but he said fitting a friesian is pot luck - there might not be one out there that will ever fit him :(

I have a very wide cob and I use treeless western saddles on him (my dad wanted a western saddle for the same reason!) I did look at treed but his template was wider than most FQH trees.

newrider.com