Went to see a horse today *pics lots*

mikh

Jan 3, 2008
Well 2!

But the first a grey was not for me at all!

So tried this girly, sorta the opposite of what I wanted but not in a strange way:
P1010021-1.jpg

She's a bit smaller than I'd like at 15hh although is only 5 rising 6 so has a bit of growing to do:
P1010009-2.jpg

For a small cobby thing she is quite sporty and has a rather long stride for her build:
P1010047.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010062.jpg

She's not lazy at all and very responsive and it was easy to get her into an outline (I realise in some of these pics she's overbent):
P1010048.jpg

P1010050.jpg

So do I look too big/heavy on her? I'm used to riding a 16.2/3hh WB!! She had a lovely temprament and didn't look at anything out hacking so am having my RI have a look, if she doesn't pass the RI test then she's no good but I really am smitten :D. As she's a bit younger/less experienced than what I wanted there would obviously be a longer getting to know period but it seems as if the willingness to work is there, which is always the first thing I look for in a horse. Comments welcome on the ned although not on my riding as I know my faults :)

sorry im going to make a public *** of myself...but ROFL PMSL.... ive no idea why but i thought you was a man!! ...erm sorry?:eek:

right the neddy.. you look good on her, at near 6 shes unlikely to get taller, but will fill out and change shape a lot more. way of going is good, she has her head bent, but shes not actually working that well behind, (fixable)

the straightness of the back i personally dont like, but its conformation, not anything that gives a cause to say no, i do think saddle fitting may be a problem, they have a huge amount of padding underneath.. i hate seeing that, but understand they cant buy a saddle for every horse.

if your that keen deff go and try her again, but as you said, if your not 100% then say no, your in no rush to find the next one.

sorry im going to make a public *** of myself...but ROFL PMSL.... ive no idea why but i thought you was a man!! ...erm sorry?:eek:

right the neddy.. you look good on her, at near 6 shes unlikely to get taller, but will fill out and change shape a lot more. way of going is good, she has her head bent, but shes not actually working that well behind, (fixable)

the straightness of the back i personally dont like, but its conformation, not anything that gives a cause to say no, i do think saddle fitting may be a problem, they have a huge amount of padding underneath.. i hate seeing that, but understand they cant buy a saddle for every horse.

if your that keen deff go and try her again, but as you said, if your not 100% then say no, your in no rush to find the next one.

HAHAHA I'm killing myself laughing!!!

I know she's not working into the bridle, but as you say is fixable! She was sooo sweet though.

she looks a nice sort....you look fine on her....she looks taller than 15hh!! good luck....keep us updated!!

Lovely looking lass, you look good on her and no problems that aren't fixable, ie. not working through body etc.

Good luck with the RI :)

Some breeds mature late and can grow marginally - millimeters - more until 7ish I thought?
At 5/6 def more filling out to do but not growing in a sec D cross I would have thought?

She's an irish mare (breeding unknown) I was under the impression she might have more to do but unsure.

newrider.com