Went jumping and came back with 2 rossettes :D

Lonestar

Bluey Manai
Aug 30, 2006
Wow.
Honey was on TOP form today, bouncy, wanting to go, hyped up and was just whizzing round the courses! My pony is back on track and I LOVE IT!! :D
It gave me a right confidence boost and I know this will sound silly, my confidence is back already and Im on cloud 9 atm.

I was up at 6.20, got Honey in at 6.30, fed her, got Rob & Billy in (billie is my cousins pony and she was competing too) fed those too. Cleaned my boots, undone honey's plaits, groomed her, put bandages on, and jumping boots etc. Got everything in the lorry, we were off by 8.25.

Got at the showground at 9.40, my cousins class had already started, I entered her, she got a quick glance at the course and mum got Billie ready. She cleared 1,2,3,4,5 and then he reared and stopped at number 6(double), B got him over it then he stopped at number 7 again, she got onto him and he cleared it and 8 and 9. I thought that was good for a 4 year old's first show and competing!

Then my class came, Honey warmed up lovely, didnt put a foot wrong, I was 12th to go in, I had 2 people to go before I went in and *UP* Honey went, she just randomly reared. So I walked her around with 2 of my friends and their ponies, and my name then got called, Trotted calmly into the ring, the buzzer went and Honey knew what that meant, she went into canter and we got a clear :D
There was 12 people forwarded into the jump off, I was drawn 4th to go, my best friends sister got the fastest time of 37.?? on her little 13.1hh pony who can do all the turns and gallops pretty fast in between fences, My time was 40.14, coming 3rd, the person who came 2nd was only 0.10ms in front of me!! Her time was 40.04. So close!!
Got a yellow rossette and done the lap of honour, honey didnt want to stop!

Second class came, and went so quickly I could have done it again! 37 people in this class, I thought I wasnt going to stand a chance, I went clear again, and about 23 people went clear. Then something just clicked with Honey, she bombed round the arena as fast as she could, keeping all the fences up but unfortunately I missed the turning that would have taken 7 seconds off our time, such a shame as we would have won that class if not! We got a time of 43.21, landing us in 4th place before 2 other people went and just got quicker times than me, putting me into 6th place. But i suppose that isnt bad considering there was 37 competitors!:D

LOVE MY PONY!!

Also, when I got home, I got Robbie in, groomed him and done some schooling work with him for 25 mins (walk - 10mins, trot - 15mins) :D:D

If you got this far have a cookie!

p.s, there was a professional photographer, will put links in when they put them up :)

ETA; not really on the subject of today, and could be in another thread, but can anyone give me any tips/suggestions to get Robbie more balanced jumping. Would grid work/pole work help?

x

Last edited:
................and this was with a broken cheekbone, tooth, bitten through tongue etc etc! :eek::eek: OMG , you must be bionic woman! Seriously, well done! Your accident made me nervous about starting out jumping, but I feel lots better having read this thread!:D

will check back for pics later:D

Thankss, thats what my mum said! That im rather crazy, and rather stupid, also a bit brave LOL.

Now checking site for pics :D

Well done you! Nice pic :cool: Gridwork is great for balance, it's done wonders for Mrs P - she actually jumps properly instead of flinging herself bodily over things now. Definitely worth a bash with Robbie!

Well done you! Nice pic :cool: Gridwork is great for balance, it's done wonders for Mrs P - she actually jumps properly instead of flinging herself bodily over things now. Definitely worth a bash with Robbie!

Thank-you.
I will try that with him this/next week sometime if I get confident enough to jump him again :eek:

aww well done :D She looks beautiful glad she has been feeling better
And well done you for getting back to competing so soon :eek: i would still be in bed if that happened to me lol
And can you say well done to b for me she done really well 2
xxx

Well done! Fab pic! I have been doing gridwork with my boy, its worked wonders & he loves it too which is a bonus, def recommend!

BTW have I missed something-you have changed your user name???:p:D

Well done! Fab pic! I have been doing gridwork with my boy, its worked wonders & he loves it too which is a bonus, def recommend!

BTW have I missed something-you have changed your user name???:p:D

Thankss Joey :D

And yes, last night :D, its robbie's nick name ;) *don't laugh, hes a mommy's boy!*

newrider.com