Welsh Section C - Overheight

my friends pony had to be registered the same as yours, i dont see why it would be frowned upon,

my belles dad however should be a section e however they wont re-register as a section E is frowned upon however section d's are very popular at the moment ;)

Re-registering overheight is no problem as can be done as soon as the horse goes overheight, it's when they're registered as D's and don't make the height it's a problem because you have to wait until they are 7 (I think) to re-register them to ensure all growing is done lol.

Last edited:
my belles dad however should be a section e however they wont re-register as a section E is frowned upon however section d's are very popular at the moment ;)

Section E is geldings of all sections. If a colt is gelded his passort should be returned to the WPCS for updating, which includes transfer to Section E. Looking at the number of geldings who do well in showing I don't understand why you think gelding is frowned upon (which is basically what you're saying - it's like saying that the WPCS frown upon geldings).

Perfectly acceptable!!

How big is your C?

The only thing is you'll be a small D in a class of welshies i expect - just have to make him/her show their socks off :D

we had Hal done the other way, he was just too small to be a D (at just under 14hh) so we got him measured as 13.2 by the jmb and downgraded as a 7 year old to a C.

ToG : I am looking at a welsh c two year old gelding for sale who stands at 13.2 now. Was just worried if I did like him and buy him etc and he went overheight he might not be allowed to re-register.

x

Just goes to show that you learn something new everyday - I was totally unaware that there was a Welsh Section 'E':confused:

Lots of ponies registered as Cs move up to D - the other way round (as mentioned) can be a bit more problematic.

newrider.com