Welsh Section A

Stassy

Mum to Prince & Barney
Aug 29, 2007
North East
I have been thinking about it for a while and I have decided (since I am no longer going to America) to get second pony namely a Welsh Section A. I love them and I want to M&M in hand classes, so I'm looking for a well bred showy yearling.

I've been on just about every stud website that breed mountain ponies and find a lot of them get sold through places such as Hay on Wye sales. I've had a look on this website and the sales results, am I seeing things are these ponies really being sold for as little as £50?

These ponies are show winners, I saw one pony on one of the stud websites as being a show champion going for £150 at Hay on Wye! Surely you would get a better price selling privately? I don't know, I don't breed and I've never been to an equine auction before but I was prepared to pay a lot more than that for the right youngster.

Does anyone know of a good Welsh A stud with show quality stock, I would rather visit a stud than an auction unless someone experienced in sales and Welshies wants to come with me!?! :D

WELSH C AND D

welsh ponies and cobs
Yep you read right !!! ive had a few really cheap sec a foals, a sec a colt foal chestnut with 4 whites, blaze and flaxen mane and tail, i payed £22 for him at 6 months, sold him for £1200 as a 4 yr old and heard last year he sold again for 6k and doing pony eventing !!! Had a beautiful revel bred filly for £80 at 10months and sold her last year as a 2 yr old for £300, You can pick them up for £5 round here!!! They usually need a good bout of worming and de lousing but ive had loads of success with my cheapies. good luck !!! (",)

Gurnosstud

Jul 19, 2007
sunny south wales
It may sound simple, selling privately, but its easier send than done. I had 6 or 7 foals for sale last year and I ended up selling a grand total of 2. Luckily for me I have land to run colts on until they are older as I do not want them going for £20 in the sale ring to people I've never seen. Take a look at my website and you will see that I have good quality stock. I do find also that names sell better than quality, unfortunatly for me, my stud is no longer a 'name'

Stassy

Mum to Prince & Barney
Aug 29, 2007
North East
It may sound simple, selling privately, but its easier send than done. I had 6 or 7 foals for sale last year and I ended up selling a grand total of 2. Luckily for me I have land to run colts on until they are older as I do not want them going for £20 in the sale ring to people I've never seen. Take a look at my website and you will see that I have good quality stock. I do find also that names sell better than quality, unfortunatly for me, my stud is no longer a 'name'

I'm loving your 3 A's on the for sale pages, are any of them still available? (Also love Rambling River he's so cute!)

Stassy

Mum to Prince & Barney
Aug 29, 2007
North East
Yep you read right !!! ive had a few really cheap sec a foals, a sec a colt foal chestnut with 4 whites, blaze and flaxen mane and tail, i payed £22 for him at 6 months, sold him for £1200 as a 4 yr old and heard last year he sold again for 6k and doing pony eventing !!! Had a beautiful revel bred filly for £80 at 10months and sold her last year as a 2 yr old for £300, You can pick them up for £5 round here!!! They usually need a good bout of worming and de lousing but ive had loads of success with my cheapies. good luck !!! (",)

Wow thats really good. I nearly called up after a beautiful little colt until I saw his name on the auction website. He was sold for £50. I actually found it sad he was sold for so little.

I've never had anything to do with auctions but I guess cheap ponies are nothing new.

Gurnosstud

Jul 19, 2007
sunny south wales
The 3 of them are still here, although they are not in show condition as we simply don't bother feeding them up and let them develop at their own pace. They are very very furry looking atm, but nothing a good bit of Spring sunshine won't sort out!