wellies or muck boots

suzanne7575

Jul 25, 2007
Scotland
looking for something to do mucky chores in over winter as although my joddy boots aren't exactly top quality they are fine and i don't really want to ruin them by getting them blathered in mud and stuff.

can't decide wether to go for a pair of wellies or a pair of the short muck boots

I bought some muck boots, they were ok.. But I missed my wellies and gradually went back to them. I like buying a pair a few sizes bigger and having some lovely thick toasty socks on! Plus you can slip on and of easily.. saying that I know people who love there muck boots! :D ( so not much help really am I !!)

Wellies definetly...you're not so likely to lose them in thick mud!

I have the long muck boots and I love them - they're great to ride in as well, and keep your feet toastie:D

Wellies for muddy field and mucking out - seem to go thru a pair each winter whether I have muckers or wellies (think yucky stables rot them?) so i'd rather just spend tenner on wellies :)

think i am going to go for a pair of robinsons £10 wellies for now as i can use them generally for non-horsey activities too

I've got both - I tend to wear both equally throughout the winter (as well as my Ariat Grasmere boots), I tend to wear whatever happen to be in the boot of my car or the first pair I see in the morning! I love my wellies as they are leopard print (Fashion diva? Me? :D ) but for practicality the Tyne boots probably win over the wellie's as they are just so warm!

wellies!! much boots are no good in deep mud! if your yard is anything like mine, the car park alone would be pointing and laughing at the little muckers :D

Julia
x

newrider.com