Well that was one hell of a storm

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Who else got it yesterday/last night?

It was a calm, bright, sunny day here. Then about 1.30 this morning all hell broke loose, it was fantastic :D I woke to the biggest crack of thunder, the kind where it sounds like the sky just split in half :D and we had the most incredible light display, fork lightning that was so bright I had to squint, slashing across the sky but almost in slow motion which was always followed by the snap thunder, we also had forks making landfall :eek: And we got some sheet lightning with deep grumbling thunder :D As it wore on it calmed a bit, but thunder was still rumbling at 5 this morning when I got up. And best of all, we got lots of rain, our ground was desperate for it again.

I was out in it at half 2 this morning trying to find my landladies cat. Eventually got her she was absolutely terrified. No idea why she chose to go out in it must of been spooked. She's a house cat who rarely ventures outside. Lesson learned next storm the catflap is getting locked!! She spent the rest of the night in bed with me and back to her normal self this morning. Just finished repairing some of Ales fencing but otherwise he seems fine. My boyfriend slept through the whole thing haha.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Oh no, my Cali cat is always in at night but normally out in the day but today I have left her in as it hadn't quite finished here and there is threat of more storms through the day, one day won't kill her but I'm sure she'll be making out it has later tonight :rolleyes:

Oh no, my Cali cat is always in at night but normally out in the day but today I have left her in as it hadn't quite finished here and there is threat of more storms through the day, one day won't kill her but I'm sure she'll be making out it has later tonight :rolleyes:

I've always kept my cats in at night as I feel that it's far safer for them. I'll let the land lady know what happened when she is back she may want to start locking the catflap overnight. Cat is 18 too bless her, she won't leave my side today but just giving her lots of attention as glad she's okay. Seems to of blown over here although there are more forecast!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Yeah I keep Cali in at night as she is still kitten size (she's nearly 3 she just never really grew) and she likes to hunt over behind the horse fields, where I know there is a big fox family living so def safer to be in after dark :)

Reactions: MrA
It hasn't been here yet and despite the severe warning it doesn't looks like its coming this way....

Reactions: Jessey
Argh!!!! Scary storms, bloomin hope we don't get one here:eek:
@Ale lucky cat having you go looking for her, bet she was feeling nice and snug and safe with you for the rest of the night:)

Reactions: MrA
We had what felt like the never ending thunder storm last night. I can't believe how much rain there was but I'm really pleased as I am jumping on grass on Sunday. I am very tired now as I couldn't sleep at all.

Hasn't reached us yet, I managed to ride Marley for an hour this morning while the going was good. The National Balmoral Showjumping Championships are on just across the road from me, today is the final day so I hope the rain, thunder and lightening hold off until they have finished today.There is a prize fund of £20,000 :D

Eikon
Free Event
Free
Eikon, Balmoral Park

share-it.gif

NATIONAL BALMORAL CELEBRATES 30th ANNIVERSARY AT BALMORAL PARK THIS JULY

The 30th anniversary of the National Balmoral Championships will offer in excess of £20,000 in prize money to some of the greatest riders in Irish show jumping, over four days of top class competition.

The best riders in Ireland and their incredible equine partners will be beating a path to Balmoral Park for one of the richest show jumping competitions of the year in the Ulster Region.

As well as top level senior show jumping, this year’s schedule boasts a full complement of Pony Show Jumping classes including the Future Stars 50cm Final, Under 8, Over 8 and Under 10 National Discovery League, National Pony League, Springboard Pony Championships and Ulster Region Points Cup, Amateur Dingo and Leddy League, Pony Club Jumps Ahead, Riding Club Championship, Children on Horses and much more.

For a fantastic family fun day, including shopping, the equestrian village, entertainment and dining, whilst watching the very best show jumping, the 30th National Balmoral Championships is the place to be this July holiday period.

DATES:

Sunday 16th 09:00 to 18:00

Monday 17th 09:00 to 18:00

Tuesday 18th 09:00 to 18:00

Wednesday 19th 09:00 to 18:00

ADMISSION:

FREE Entry
FREE Parking

The next storm looks like its across Ireland at the moment, pushing into northwest wales, apparently this one could also go super cell in the midlands later .

Bugger all here in the midlands.... a short shower of rain and I mean short, like 20 seconds and that's it, hate to say it but we desperately need some rain here now.

Getting very dark here and I have a bad headache which normally indicates a storm is due!
Luckily waited un til after my riding lesson :D

Well, it's just started raining here, nice steady gentle rain, set to be with us until 10 this morning but no storm thankfully :)

newrider.com