Well that didn’t last long

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
My grand plan to wait and save before getting another hasn’t been working out, I’m someone who needs aims and purpose and without something to ride, rides and adventures to plan, I’ve been really struggling. My entire social life pretty much is horsey people, so it’s kicked me hard as even tho I’m not seeing anyone at the moment I’m being left out of their plans (not their fault) for the rest of the summer. I’m literally too twitchy to sit still or get anything productive done so really need something to focus on ?

So I’m officially looking for a dirt cheap project, maybe an ottb or a baby, we’ll see. All I’ve seen so far in the bargain basement is millions of cobs, not up my alley unfortunately, so it could be a lengthy search ? feel free to help me look ;)

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Are there any of the charities that have racehorses that need re-homing? I would guess that they might be harder to re-home than their others like the cobs, connies etc. Just a thought? Not sure what's near you. Don't know about Bransby?

Reactions: Jessey

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
We’ve got bransby not too far away, and WHW and redwings on the doorstep but can’t see they have anything suitable at the moment but I’ll keep looking

Reactions: Trewsers

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
How exciting for you @Jessey
I only know of an Arab who's for sale right now, your kind of horse I would imagine but way too old at 16 I should think.

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
Sorry, @Jessey , point me to a thread/post detailing what's happened, or update me please? I think I'd read that Jessey was lame but has something also happened to the new boy you acquired?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I would ditto what @carthorse said and factor in that there could be unstarted youngsters available to.
Racing isn't even back behind closed doors yet, though they are thinking of June 1st, you could still have lots of youngsters who can't get a run /aren't worth keeping etc etc.

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Sorry, @Jessey , point me to a thread/post detailing what's happened, or update me please? I think I'd read that Jessey was lame but has something also happened to the new boy you acquired?
I deleted the indie post before the merge. But the short versions, the vet found Jess has a serious heart murmur so she has been retired ? she’s sound For now tho.

Indie really didn’t settle into the gang, he picked on the little boys incessantly, so Jess was constantly on guard of them. Indie was so completely obsessed with Jess he’d loose the plot if she went even 20ft away from him (I didn’t realise he’d been cut late until it was too late) an issue when they still couldn’t be in together, and eventually he suffered sleep deprivation because of it.

Then the napping started, on every ride, it became common for a ride to take double the time it should have and he even did it going out of, or into the field, not even desperate to get home, just didn’t want to do something and wouldn’t. After a physical checkup (all clear) and RI assessment, I decided we were both unhappy and unsuited and it was best we parted company. He’s gone to a new home with a horse gelding for company and an owner who spoils him rotten and he’s a very happy pony :)

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
@Jessey Oh yes, I do remember about Jessey's heart murmur. I think retirement is a very sensible option.

And I do recall seeing a few initial problems with Indie but I hadn't seen the napping issues. Again, I think you made the right decision there.

?

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
16 wouldn’t bother me at all so long as healthy, tell me more ?
Well he’s a gelding, owned by one of my fellow liveries who is or was a jockey, he’s bred and kept racing Arabs for years but has now found himself needing to part with some of them, not sure this boy raced though, I can get Marks phone number if you’d like to speak to him?, I don’t know the gelding personally as he’s not at our yard, but one of my other liveries is interested and went to try him a few days ago, not sure she’s going for it though.