Well I know she has a big head

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
But when has a noseband ever been a parcel! £4.10, I budgeted £4.00 because I knew of the hike.

The post office in their wisdom is going to lose customers, myself included. I haven't yet found a courier that has a good reputation. Some people don't like Collect Plus-Yodel. But they are the only alternative.
I must confess I downloaded the books I wanted onto the kindle, it worked out cheaper. We won't have book shops soon, they will be merged into other stores like CD and DVDs are now.
Our blockbuster has gone.

I was shocked when I sold a lot of gear a while back on ebay, they had changed the rates and I actually lost money on some of my items!
Have to say, Hermes are quite good - I've used them a couple of times now and so far so good. They are much cheaper, but you have to box things up rather than parcel them. But for the time it takes to find an empty box etc it's worth it. I posted a huge bundle of video games etc for a fraction of the price that the post office wanted.

I parcel things up for Hermes rather than using boxes, never had them refuse to collect anything that I have just wrapped up and isn't in a box?!

I dont like hermes or Yodel. Have had bad experiences with both. I think its a bit of a lottery though.. some places have good parcel delivery guys and some not.. I must be in the latter category.

NF..i have a kindle as well. I love it. I used to buy all my books on amazon a few years back but i object to paying £3 postage.. Maybe i am just tight :unsure:.

Back to original point though.. £4.10 is a lot for postage. Was it well packaged? :unsure:

I just used a black sack piece to keep as light as possible. It still fitted through the hole it was meant ti, but still came up as a parcel.
Now if something that light and small is a parcel, I won't be selling anything else on ebay-peopke just won't pay the postage.

I parcel things up for Hermes rather than using boxes, never had them refuse to collect anything that I have just wrapped up and isn't in a box?!

I thought it said on their website that they don't accept parcels if you are using the drop off facility? I have dropped mine off at the nearest Spar shop, and I'm sure OH said he'd read they had to be boxed. I could be wrong though...........:unsure:

That's what I need a drop off company. But I admit I don't have any boxes, but could use padded envelopes.

That's what I need a drop off company. But I admit I don't have any boxes, but could use padded envelopes.

I'm lucky because I have a lot of boxes due to OH always buying stuff for his railway modelling. Plus, I have become quite crafty at "making" a box up myself out of cardboard scraps.........:giggle:

The new posting weights and regulations set by royal mail are an absolute joke. Ive used 2 couriers recently, both a nightmare. I would avoid ipostparcels which is a division of ukmail as the customer service is all via email, and getting them to reply can take 2 days! thats if they even reply, and its not very helpful when a customer is ranting at the other end. Then the parcel finally arrives THREE weeks late and its bashed to smitherines. ( This was a very sturdy item well packed) I phoned UKmail and they refused to help me pointing me only to the ipost email service.

Ive used hemmes a few times, but they are very slow, but cheap and seem to get parcels there safely from my experience as they seem to use independant couriers which I feel take more care perhaps since its there self employed income... bit like the hare and the tortoise really!

I can understand prices going up, that's fuel, wages etc etc. But the hike to medium parcels is just madness.
My noseband is a package, not a parcel.

I can understand prices going up, that's fuel, wages etc etc. But the hike to medium parcels is just madness.
My noseband is a package, not a parcel.

Some of the hikes are madness, I shipped a coat today via courier, It cost me £3.99+vat. I used to use royal mail alot it would of cost approx £4-5 before. It was £10.15 or something like that to send it recorded ( which is an absolute must with ebay scammers these days) Royal mail are not doing themselves any favours.

There is another courier, can't remember the name at the minute, but they have a decent rate, and parcels can be picked up from even a local shop.. goes of digging for their website address..
Walks back in.. try this: http://www.collectplus.co.uk/

I can see set ups like that starting to really take off now ( sadly not one near me!) but an everyday ebayer is going to struggle with the Royal Mail! people wont pay £10 to post a 2nd hand coat!

Trouble is I got asked if I'd combine postage etc - and some people thought it was too dear, but I am certainly not making money on postage, just covering myself really after my last disaster. Some things I will send via Hermes, but some I prefer Royal Mail. I seem to have it pretty much worked out now, because I mainly sell jodhs and bodywarmers, which I know the set price for postage wise with RM.
Boots etc have to go via Hermes, Royal mail wanted £15 to post a pair I'd sold for £7! Bonkers.

Trouble is I got asked if I'd combine postage etc - and some people thought it was too dear, but I am certainly not making money on postage, just covering myself really after my last disaster. Some things I will send via Hermes, but some I prefer Royal Mail. I seem to have it pretty much worked out now, because I mainly sell jodhs and bodywarmers, which I know the set price for postage wise with RM.
Boots etc have to go via Hermes, Royal mail wanted £15 to post a pair I'd sold for £7! Bonkers.

I wonder if they want to stop eBay people using them, because twice now there has not been a que.
They know we are meant to track and recorded itself has gone up I think.

Saddles i find are actually okay priced sending via post office courier...like 15-17 squids for first class recorded type delivery...

But for silly little things like numnahs, haynets, bridles comes out really exspensive...£7 to send three haynets...holy moly!! :frown:

It hasn't made any difference to eBay, people are still paying the postage me for one because I "needed" the item. :giggle:

I have the leaflet on width and length, its saddles that have shot up to buy since I am browsing.

newrider.com