Weird twitch

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Got Chunky in for his ride. His rider notice he had this funny twitch as she was leading him up the field. Each time he stopped he was twitching. Wondered if he could have pulled a muscle so stretched his legs. Decided to let her ride and just do a short one in the hope it eased up.

He seemed fine riding out, walked out no problem. Was even striding ahead of Billy at one point. We only did just over a mile. Got back untacked and he was still twitching. So i videod it. Most weird behaviour.
Found 4 ticks on him yesterday and various lumps. So could be a tick bite. Found no ticks today. He wasnt twitching like it yesterday. He is clearly irritated at one area of his leg. Found a small lump there. Most odd.

That is a bit odd, like he's got a fly on him he can't shift. Ticks can be horrid and leave quite a wound/welt. Maybe try something soothing on the lump, even just some ice, if its ongoing.

That is strange - I found 2 small lumps on hogan's back last week. One's gone, but the other's still hard as ever. Mind you it's not bothering him, even though it's under the saddle. I'm assuming the gnats and midges are just biting a bit nastier atm- bit like a snake in the spring with a lot more venom. Maybe chunky's is a bite that he just can't scratch?

I washed with some medicated shampoo the whole area and up underneath between his legs. He normally has ticks on the skin folds betwn the legs but nothing. I dont like those crusty bit on the folds though. Think thers a separate issue going on there. Maybe getting sweaty in the wrinkles. I might get the clippers out next week and just tidy up the hairy wisps so i can see it more easily.

I applied some sudocream and some betamethasone cream to the lump as well.

Havent been down to see him yet, but just looked ovr the bank from th house and all the cows and horses have moved thmselves to there next paddock. They were due to move this morning but something tells me billy might hve forced a few cows to bust through the fence.

Reactions: Jessey
These irritating lumps sound like what Sid has got around his ear. I did wonder about tick bites, they are just starting to be a pest now and can leave such hugeous lumps.

Niko has new weird lumps, the ones from last summer finally crusted up and fell off, then he got new ones on Saturday šŸ˜ž I think I caught them early this time, they are def fly bites, and very itchy.

Brodie did very similar to this following his yearly jabs and vet said it was due to inflammation and pain confusing the nerves into thinking there was something on the skin. He couldn't bend his neck down to eat from a low level bless

Niko has new weird lumps, the ones from last summer finally crusted up and fell off, then he got new ones on Saturday šŸ˜ž I think I caught them early this time, they are def fly bites, and very itchy.
Which cream or medicine you applied last time?

My boys had jabs in September. So cant be that. He seems fine this morning. Didnt see him bite his leg either. Im going with a bite of some description. The little lump is still there on the leg but no bigger.

newrider.com