Weird behaviour

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
Hello peeps,

Just wondering if anyone had come across this type of weird behaviour before?

I currently have a grille on the top of my filly's stable door, now i started to remove it whilst i was about so she could look out and see what was around, however, she seem to walk backwards toward the wall then walk fast to the front of her stable and whinny. It's like she is sizing the door up to jump. Take into account she is 6 months old. I have also tried to introduce a small hole and large hole haynet as i'm not really keep on the hay rack but she rubs her side against it then bucks at it?

What is going on :O

Sounds to me like she wants to be out of her stable. Can I ask why you are stabling and for how long at a time? If she can see other horses in the field, it's likely she wants to be with them. If she can't see other horses, then perhaps she's unhappy. Maybe get her a stable mirror for company and a few toys.

There is a horse at my yard who won't stay and does jump out. If she was happy with the grille on, then leave it.

She is out 24/7 at the moment and i only bring her in at feed times and to give her a quick groom checking everything is ok. She will be stabled in the winter though and her field companion will be next door.

I will just leave the grille on the door as she seems to prefer it. :)

newrider.com