Weight gain - middle age spread

Jan 3, 2012
Rant coming! All my life I have watched my weight and exercised sometimes as much as 3 hours per day e.g up at 5 30 1hrs yoga home from work straight to gym for 2hrs running etc. I have reduced carbs chocolates etc and increased proteins. I injured myself in June haven't trained ate rubbish I 'm 51 hormones are changing and I have gained 1st 10 . I have also recently got a very stressful job. I have seen an old colleague of mine she always went on about how disciplined I am how lucky I am to be slim today she has looked at me like I am the size of a Zepplin ( size 12) and said my god! What has happened to you you have gained weight I am so shocked you were so disciplined, what happened?on and on. How bloody effing rude! I'll show her the gloating, moronic ********:stomp::stomp::stomp: and breathe

My close family friends are all about 4 years younger than me. When I hit fifty I went through quite a podgy stage. Sometimes I looked and felt dreadful and my friends often made comments like "why have you let yourself go" etc whilst they still retained sylphlike figures. I am coming out the other side now, my weight has gone on its own and I am beginning to feel 'normal'.

I hadn't seen my friends much over the summer but when we got together for a Chinese meal the other night I noticed all off them where looking like I had. They have now hit the dreaded 50.:giggle:

Don't believe it - the older you get the fewer calories you need.
And people who exercise a lot when young, start to exercise less and need to reduce intake even further - or improve their diet.
By all means eat sensibly. If you are size 12, that sounds fine to me - I have rarely been size 12.
But work out your BMI and try and keep within that band. That's my advice. Take action before you get more than two or three pounds over weight.

Sadly Skib I know you are right. So back to upping the ante with the exercise and reducing the intake of the calories. At least any horse I'm on will thank me.

At size 12 you are not big, you've just been too small all the rest of your life ;) perhaps try some exercise that will tone you up a bit and make you feel better about yourself. Just imagine how shocked she's going to look when she sees you looking fab again, that should keep you motivated :)

newrider.com