Weight Comparison

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I don't have any unridden sideways pics of Gracie from last May, but I found one that was taken in July (top). Bearing in mind that she was ridden a LOT more through the spring and summer than she had been this year, but conversely I didn't buy her a muzzle until late summer.

This year I have been a lot more careful managing her, especially as most of our riding plans this year have been thwarted by saddle issues, illness and injury! She is currently living out, muzzled alternate 24 hours so that it doesn't rub.

I'm actually quite chuffed with how well the regime is working for her (although I still can't feel her ribs!!!). I took the bottom pic this afternoon.
Once we are back up to exercise "speed", I may even need to adjust the muzzling to every third day. And hopefully her topline will improve again too.

20180518_194524-800x800.jpg

Yes she does look a bit thicker through the shoulder and belly in the top photo. I guess with time and experience you learn what you can get away with each one eh. They’re all different!
Flipo always looks so svelte at this time of year (as svelte as a heavy can!) but it’s just cause he’s lost the teddy bear winter coat! I’m still curbing his grass intake as much as possible. Much to his distaste!

She looks very cresty in the first picture!

In my opinion looking so much trimmer now, keep up the good work!

She looks better all over now. Working from the front back she's less cresty, leaner through the neck, there's starting to be a step between neck & shoulder, her wither is more defined, her belly line in relation to her elbow is better, the fat pad by her shoulder looks to be reduced, her quarters look to be more defined & she doesn't look so podgy at the top of her tail. I'd bet there's less of a gutter along her back too. Or, to put it more concisely she looks loads better & well done!

Thank you! For the record, she has no spinal gutter or apple bum... She never had had.... Not quite sure how, looking back :p

Now that we finally have a saddle we both love and I'm healthy again, the plan is to build muscle.... For both of us!!!

Yes she does look a bit thicker through the shoulder and belly in the top photo. I guess with time and experience you learn what you can get away with each one eh. They’re all different!
Flipo always looks so svelte at this time of year (as svelte as a heavy can!) but it’s just cause he’s lost the teddy bear winter coat! I’m still curbing his grass intake as much as possible. Much to his distaste!

Hahaha yes, Storm looks more svelte at this time of year due to her yak dress coming off. Hmm. Still a bit fat seal like though:oops:

newrider.com