Weekend thread!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
What are you all up to? I have more planned than usual as off work for a couple of days! Hacked Brodie this morning for a glorious hour and a half and loved every second. Spent lots of time with Ale too working on de fuzzing him and getting his field tidy for spring, think he's looking a good weight currently and seems to be very happy. Uni work this afternoon and then out for an hours walk later. Screenshot_2019-03-22-13-36-29.pngScreenshot_2019-03-22-13-36-22.png

Tomorrow I'm going to visit the horses first thing then I'm attempting a 25 mile walk, including box Hill so looking forward to that as well as feeling a little apprehensive.

Sunday I'm off to Bracknell to visit a friend and I'll probably make the journey by train as I'm a bit too chicken to drive that far yet. Hoping to ride Brodie in the late afternoon too.

We're going out for my aunt's birthday dinner on Saturday night with my dad, aunt, uncle, and my sister's parents-in-law (random combination I know!). Sunday lunchtime we always have a roast at my aunt's house. I also need to prepare some answers and think up questions for a job interview I have on Skype next week. Oh and walking the dog!

Reactions: MrA and Kite_Rider
I've got a long weekend (holiday to burn before the end of the year), I had planned 5 days of riding and tinkering at the field followed by some decluttering at home.

Day 1 was a fail, jess took a slightly pottery step while I was there this morning which coupled with a slightly warm spot on her tendon 1 day last week and on Tuesday, made me wonder if she's hiding something, quick chat with my vet this afternoon and we are taking it easy and monitoring closely until Monday, just in case. Plus I woke up at 5 realising my end of year report had to be in today so had to go into work this afternoon :rolleyes:
Jess is fine in herself, sound, no swelling or heat today and merrily hooning about the field this afternoon o_O it could just be that foot (same leg) or just stepped on a stone at that moment .... Ho hum

Got my friend coming over Sunday with her little girl and baby boy, Az will ride hank and pamper Dan before I cook us all dinner so that will be nice :)

Awaiting the first baby lambs of this year. Will be getting them back from my neighbours field hopefully at 6am tomorrow, before the first one pops out. Otherwise I will be taking the trailer over to pick up mother and lambs. Which is extra work and hassle. Want to do it early before the dog walkers are out as the last thing I want is them meeting dogs and being chased when there that heavily pregnant. Also need to set up lambing pens in the shed.
Before I move the sheep home. I need to move the horses to there new grazing paddock or young Billy will be chasing them round. Before they can move I need to shut cattle out of the horses new paddock as they've been grazing it. Also need to fence off gateway as the cows have trashed it where they've been coming and going between paddocks. So I'm going to keep the horses off it other than leading through gateway as it needs to recover. I also have to rig up a new water trough for the horses as they cant get to the existing trough as that area is getting fenced off as well.
Might squeeze in a couple of rides and hopefully a drive.
Oh and go and load another trailer load of hay for the cattle to eat for the next week.
Off to get a quick ride in now before dark. So busy busy weekend yet again for me. I swear I go to work in the week for a break.

My OH is away this weekend, and I thought oooh - house to myself, ride a bit longer than usual, watch GOT end to end.....nope - going to see a florist with my daughter for her wedding, and my son and family are going to "keep you company on saturday" bless them. Never mind, I'm usually kicking around not knowing what to do with myself when I do have the time! Will get a ride on Saturday with Hogan's bestie, so that's good.

I'm writing for a dressage judge tomorrow and I have my first ever "clinic" at Lincomb XC on Sunday.... hosted by Abby - who had Gracie for a month of schooling last summer. Really looking forward to it.

Well I squeezed in a quick ride. Thought I'd be organised and move the horses tonight. So I left them stood in the collecting yard whilst I whipped out to feed the cows and feed the sheep before completely dark. Between me looking across the field at 5 counting all 16 sheep present and going out to feed at quarter to 7 one had disappeared. Quick check and realise its Blindy, the one I have down to lamb tomorrow. So off I go round the field and woods to locate. After lots of searching I find her deep in the thicket of scrub and brambles. Trying to work out how to actually get to her to then guide her out was not fun. I have a few thorns to extract out my hands now. I then have to ring home and get someone to bring me a key to the field gate so I can walk her the half mile home to the lambing shed. Poor girl was puffing like a train, but at least she's in the shed. I shall be off to check on her before I go to bed, but I will be setting the alarm for 2am. I hope it's not all going to be 2am checks. I shall be knackered.

I've been to a Temple Spa party this evening, tomorrow I think a nice normal day, little hack in the morning and dog walk in the afternoon and then on Sunday I'm hoping to go to the beach. I thought it might do Raf's legs good to paddle in salt water, as long as I rinse them off well afterwards.

I am still nursing a whopping tooth abscess, two lots of antibiotics later (which always make me feel sick as a dog) and it's just about starting to go off, dentist won't touch the tooth until most of the infection has gone as from past experience the infection 'jumps' the anesthetic and while my face is numb my tooth is still excruciatingly painful. On the plus side I've lost about half a stone in the last week :oops:
So other than dragging my sorry backside into work I'm doing nothing other than the essentials with Belle, she doesn't mind though, she's always happy to take some time off.

Reactions: MrA
I've been to a Temple Spa party this evening, tomorrow I think a nice normal day, little hack in the morning and dog walk in the afternoon and then on Sunday I'm hoping to go to the beach. I thought it might do Raf's legs good to paddle in salt water, as long as I rinse them off well afterwards.
Are his legs a bit better now @Bodshi? I was only wondering about you guys yesterday. Oh and what is a 'temple spa' please? Sounds rather nice :)

Well I squeezed in a quick ride. Thought I'd be organised and move the horses tonight. So I left them stood in the collecting yard whilst I whipped out to feed the cows and feed the sheep before completely dark. Between me looking across the field at 5 counting all 16 sheep present and going out to feed at quarter to 7 one had disappeared. Quick check and realise its Blindy, the one I have down to lamb tomorrow. So off I go round the field and woods to locate. After lots of searching I find her deep in the thicket of scrub and brambles. Trying to work out how to actually get to her to then guide her out was not fun. I have a few thorns to extract out my hands now. I then have to ring home and get someone to bring me a key to the field gate so I can walk her the half mile home to the lambing shed. Poor girl was puffing like a train, but at least she's in the shed. I shall be off to check on her before I go to bed, but I will be setting the alarm for 2am. I hope it's not all going to be 2am checks. I shall be knackered.

Oooh well lets hope for a safe delivery then. Hope your hands feel better today.

I've got a long weekend (holiday to burn before the end of the year), I had planned 5 days of riding and tinkering at the field followed by some decluttering at home.

Day 1 was a fail, jess took a slightly pottery step while I was there this morning which coupled with a slightly warm spot on her tendon 1 day last week and on Tuesday, made me wonder if she's hiding something, quick chat with my vet this afternoon and we are taking it easy and monitoring closely until Monday, just in case. Plus I woke up at 5 realising my end of year report had to be in today so had to go into work this afternoon :rolleyes:
Jess is fine in herself, sound, no swelling or heat today and merrily hooning about the field this afternoon o_O it could just be that foot (same leg) or just stepped on a stone at that moment .... Ho hum

Got my friend coming over Sunday with her little girl and baby boy, Az will ride hank and pamper Dan before I cook us all dinner so that will be nice :)

Fingers crossed for Jess, could have been a stone, lets hope so.

Reactions: Jessey
@Ale he still looks very woolly doesn't he, Belle is the same, Ive been worrying about EMS but it's starting to shed now thankfully.

Reactions: MrA
I am still nursing a whopping tooth abscess, two lots of antibiotics later (which always make me feel sick as a dog) and it's just about starting to go off, dentist won't touch the tooth until most of the infection has gone as from past experience the infection 'jumps' the anesthetic and while my face is numb my tooth is still excruciatingly painful. On the plus side I've lost about half a stone in the last week :oops:
So other than dragging my sorry backside into work I'm doing nothing other than the essentials with Belle, she doesn't mind though, she's always happy to take some time off.
If there was a 'poor you' option, instead of just 'like', I'd have pressed it! Antibiotics are a mixed blessing - I've got a UTI and on them.Like you, always make me queasy. Anyway - Poor you!

Are his legs a bit better now @Bodshi? I was only wondering about you guys yesterday. Oh and what is a 'temple spa' please? Sounds rather nice :)

Not really, he had another skin scrape and he's still got the same two bugs but they're trying him on steroids now rather than more antibiotics. I'm kind of keeping it from getting worse by gently washing every few days and putting his cream on, but it isn't disappearing. He feels fine in himself though, just some days he is sore and of course there's the added factor of him being a bit arthritic and having to be kept in. He goes in the school for a leg stretch every morning but there haven't been many days when it hasn't been too wet/muddy for him to go out.

A Temple Spa party isn't all that exciting! It's just a company that makes expensive facial products, only available in Harrods or at parties. We had a 'class' last night - went through the whole cleansing, face pack, toning, moisturising, eyes, neck creams etc and in the end I bought a moisturiser (realistically there's no point spending money on any of the other stuff because I know I won't use it - quick wash with shampoo while I'm in the shower is my facial beauty regime :oops: )

Sorry to hear about your abscess, I hope it does one soon - awful, horrible things.

Reactions: MrA and Jessey
newrider.com