Weekend thread?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Oh my..... I can't believe its only been a month since Christmas.... January feels like it has gone on forever!!

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm hacking out with Jill at lunchtime, then scrubbing her legs, mane and tail and she will stay in overnight (Gracie, not Jill!!!) because very early tomorrow morning we are off to do an indoor class for TRECGB. I've done fun stuff before but never the real stuff, so although my timeslot isn't until 11.33, I'm going to be there for 9.30 for the course walk/instructions.... just so that I get it right!! Think there's about 9 on my class so I'm not expecting to get placed, this is more of a first time recce!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I've done chores and about to go for a ride, was meant to go out with a friend after but she just cancelled. Not holding out much hope for any riding tomorrow as the forecast is pants all day with rain and snow showers and I just can't face getting soaked and cold as my fibro is playing up at the moment. Do have to look at the problem with my friends tow vehicle at some point if we've any hope of going out schooling at any point soon. So nothing much fun.

Battening down the hatches again! I spent the morning prepping the spare stable as Zi will be in tonight. Not safe and not fun for them being out when it hits the higher speeds coupled with torrential rain. Anyway got that done so just a matter of sorting us out now. Then tomorrow evning Mr T is cooking for six so in the morning he'll start cooking and preparing for that. Just hope everyone gets here as the boat crossings were under review. Oh and I've another coating of paint to do on my yellow chair:)

Just been for somatics. So feeling very relaxed and sleepy now. Having a quick cuppa before I go feed the cows and sheep and get the boys in for a ride and drive. Currently drizzling but its supposed to be dry between 1 and 3 then pour with rain. Have a feeling I might get wet.
Tomorrow I'm hacking with one of the girls. It's supposed to be dry but cold so should stay dry.

Hope you get everyone in safe and happy @Trewsers. Good luck tomorrow @domane!

Very tentatively crossing fingers that Raf is a bit better - he certainly feels better in himself. On Wednesday he had to be dragged out of his stable and wouldn't move during his turnout in the indoor school, yesterday he had a fly round and today he couldn't keep still. The scabs on his legs have changed from yellow weepy crusts to harder black proper scabs which the vet hopes is a good thing. So today for the first time in ages I walked him out in his bareback pad and it was lovely!

Then I rode the little pony that I've been given the use of while Raf is out of action. She's such a little madam, I'm not used to mares lol. Such a fun little pony to ride though. She's a ride and drive so when we had a trot she went flying smartly down the road with her knees up. I'm not used to having to rise so quickly, she must take two strides to one of Raf's. It's got to be good for my inner thighs though surely - I could certainly feel it. I hope it makes them smaller and doesn't give me huge muscles :oops:

Then I walked the dog and back to the yard for tea time, now looking forward to a hot shower and an ironing basket!

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Hope you get everyone in safe and happy @Trewsers. Good luck tomorrow @domane!

Very tentatively crossing fingers that Raf is a bit better - he certainly feels better in himself. On Wednesday he had to be dragged out of his stable and wouldn't move during his turnout in the indoor school, yesterday he had a fly round and today he couldn't keep still. The scabs on his legs have changed from yellow weepy crusts to harder black proper scabs which the vet hopes is a good thing. So today for the first time in ages I walked him out in his bareback pad and it was lovely!

Then I rode the little pony that I've been given the use of while Raf is out of action. She's such a little madam, I'm not used to mares lol. Such a fun little pony to ride though. She's a ride and drive so when we had a trot she went flying smartly down the road with her knees up. I'm not used to having to rise so quickly, she must take two strides to one of Raf's. It's got to be good for my inner thighs though surely - I could certainly feel it. I hope it makes them smaller and doesn't give me huge muscles :oops:

Then I walked the dog and back to the yard for tea time, now looking forward to a hot shower and an ironing basket!

Ooh pony sounds delightful! I love a fast trot! Storm used to be like that. Lots of vibes Raf is healing well too.

Reactions: Bodshi
Might ride Brodie in the morning I'll see what the weather is like, then a 3 or 4 hour walk for training, going to my parents for a roast and then doing another hour walk.

Monday I'm off to the natural history museum for the day and I'm so excited!!

Reactions: Jessey
Monday I'm off to the natural history museum for the day and I'm so excited!!
I'm envious, I really want to go this year, it's been ages since I've been, perhaps I'll steal my friends rising 4yo to take once the weather is nicer.

Well I've just got back from a 4 mile hack this morning followed by a 7 mile run. So that deserves a lovely cup of tea now. Going to put my feet up for a bit before venturing out to do the evening chores.

I’ve had a very similar day to yesterday, with the exception that today I wore my new fleece lined water resistant jods for the first time. They are so lush I want to wear them all the time. I rode in them and walked the dog in those awful chilly winds and didn’t feel a thing, except comfortable. If I ever go hunting again I’ll definitely have to get some in a suitable colour.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
newrider.com