Weekend Post

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
To improve this rather grey, rainy Friday whose doing what over the weekend? :)

Ive planned my frst ride on our new pony tomorrow morning. We're one week in with him and leading him out on bridle has gone well. Just a short ride with hubby with me just in case! X

Reactions: GaryB and Bodshi
We have our final stinky bath to do on the horses. They've both had their injections for lice, but the foul smelling sponge down looms! Other than that, we have our 2 very lively grandsons sleeping over, and they will come up to the yard at some point, as they love the horses. The 6 year old poo picks with me, for £1 a time - he keeps his takings at ours and gloats over them like a mini scrooge.

I'm hoping to ride tomorrow but I'm not sure my heart is in it just now, off to my friends in the city tomorrow night for some good old, head in the sand ostrich stylee, wind down time. Feeling the need to be surrounded by good energy and this friend is a huge dose of that :)

Its been fairly dry here today, a bit of drizzle but not as much rain as my rain app showed this morning. I dont mind as it will dry out a bit. I even went mad this morning and took both the boys neck peices off this morning. Its been double figures here today.
Hopefully a ride and drive tommorow. I want to see how Billy goes as i think we might be calling the vet next week. Sunday hopefully both are getting ridden.
Tomorrow night im off to an AGM for working horse folk.
I really need to go shopping somewhere for some new wellies. As i now have two pairs with splits in. So getting a bit desperate for dry feet.
Also got to have a look in the tack room at rugs. Was at work today and was asked if i new someone looking for some draws. They replaced a chest of draws with a better chest as there set was a bit dodgy but still okay for some use. Ive been thinking whether to get another wardrobe with shelves or get a couple of those plastic storage chests for my excess rugs which are all over the place in the tack room currently, but i reckon the chest of draws could work instead. I just need to work out if i could get two rugs in each draw in the chest.

I'm hoping to ride tomorrow but I'm not sure my heart is in it just now, off to my friends in the city tomorrow night for some good old, head in the sand ostrich stylee, wind down time. Feeling the need to be surrounded by good energy and this friend is a huge dose of that :)
Enjoy!

Reactions: Jessey
I hope to be going hunting on Sunday, which means Saturday will be mainly washing the horse, cleaning tack and sorting the waggon. Only to have to do it all again when I get back. Not sure what the point is sometimes! I always come back on a high though (or I have so far, touch wood).

Worked some of today - just given Storm a good going over with the furminator - discovered she's not actually that fat it was all fur! lol
Tomorrow will be organising and planning day. Got to make a proper plan for pricing via contractor - need new fences, muck heap moving, new gates, and want a price for new barn roof. And we need to re organise the hay store. Then Mr T is making a nice Sunday evening meal. Well least I hope he is!!! lol I spotted a nice piece of beef in the bottom of the fridge along with various vegetables and some Tesco finest Yorkshire puds. Hehehee.

• Love
Reactions: Huggy
Tomorrow I'm going to an escape room with 6 lovely people I have in my life. How different my life is from a couple of years ago. Also it's cat themed so should be a good laugh!

Worked some of today - just given Storm a good going over with the furminator - discovered she's not actually that fat it was all fur! lol
Tomorrow will be organising and planning day. Got to make a proper plan for pricing via contractor - need new fences, muck heap moving, new gates, and want a price for new barn roof. And we need to re organise the hay store. Then Mr T is making a nice Sunday evening meal. Well least I hope he is!!! lol I spotted a nice piece of beef in the bottom of the fridge along with various vegetables and some Tesco finest Yorkshire puds. Hehehee.
Going all out with Tescos finest ;) !

Reactions: Trewsers
Tomorrow I'm going to an escape room with 6 lovely people I have in my life. How different my life is from a couple of years ago. Also it's cat themed so should be a good laugh!
This really made me smile. I am so pleased that things are working out well for you now.

Reactions: lauren123
Well I'm all full of warm scones and fresh cream :D so a good Sunday for us!! Mr T rode Zi. First time since my fall on Christmas day when he had to get on just to let Zi know he hadn't done anything wrong depositing me (he just stood looking worried down at me, poor horse). Anyway, Zi was fabulous. Such a good boy considering he's done nowt since then. I've had a good tack room clear up and realised I had a new headcollar for Storm. But what a funny one it is, black with a fur noseband and headband. Only when you adjust the headpiece the fur looks like it's only on one side - so she looks like she's wearing some kind of weird fluffy bandage:oops:(It's a Hy brand, anyone else have one?)
Anyway, hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Yep got out for a ride a drive yesterday. Went for a quick run last night before i went out to the AGM. Had a lovely buffet at the AGM so ate a little too much.
We rode this morning. Had a little hi jinx on billy this morning. Saw a tractor coming round the bend with a trailer on the back and a tractor on the trailer. To which i could sense billy looking so i said to the girl riding chunky to stop. So billy could take it in. He stood growing with a few paces till the tractor got level with us. I managed to keep him off the pavement but he swung his bum towards it. Fortunately the traffic behind stopped. Straightened him back up and on we went but billy was still doing a silly dance. The chunkys rider mentioned he did well with the bus. To which i look behind to realise theres a bus up our back end. No wonder he was dancing. I was so busy concerntrating on the tractor i hadnt noticed the bus. He settled down after i waved it past.
Taken hay out for the sheep and horses for the week and stacked hay in the field. Feed all the cows and ive just been out for another quick run. I need to recondition my feet again having had a month off from running i suffered planter on thursday after my 4 mile run. So going to try to do a mile run each day.

• Wow
Had our first comp of the year on Saturday. Boy did good. I rode very badly not forward or off my leg and lacked energy BUT he was just lovely did what I asked and when I came out smiling.

A second and a third. Have obtained my ROR qualification for the championship at novice and need one more score to qualify for regionals novice. Trying to get back out this month. If I manage it next time we will work on getting qualifications at elementary.

Love this boy x

• Love
Yep got out for a ride a drive yesterday. Went for a quick run last night before i went out to the AGM. Had a lovely buffet at the AGM so ate a little too much.
We rode this morning. Had a little hi jinx on billy this morning. Saw a tractor coming round the bend with a trailer on the back and a tractor on the trailer. To which i could sense billy looking so i said to the girl riding chunky to stop. So billy could take it in. He stood growing with a few paces till the tractor got level with us. I managed to keep him off the pavement but he swung his bum towards it. Fortunately the traffic behind stopped. Straightened him back up and on we went but billy was still doing a silly dance. The chunkys rider mentioned he did well with the bus. To which i look behind to realise theres a bus up our back end. No wonder he was dancing. I was so busy concerntrating on the tractor i hadnt noticed the bus. He settled down after i waved it past.
Taken hay out for the sheep and horses for the week and stacked hay in the field. Feed all the cows and ive just been out for another quick run. I need to recondition my feet again having had a month off from running i suffered planter on thursday after my 4 mile run. So going to try to do a mile run each day.
Hair raising!

Lovely weekend with grandchildren, but on my knees tonight! Woken at 6.45 by 2 year old grandson, who was instantly forgiven when he snuggled up in bed with me. Hogan FILTHY this morning - will need extra grooming tomorrow if we go out!Screenshot_20200202-205453_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200202-205447_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com