Weekend plans?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Who's doing what then?

I've got my car loaded to camp with the neds tonight, I'm hoping to get the little boys back in with Jess this evening. I have organised birthday drinks for my friends adult son with Downs tomorrow afternoon and have yet to organise a cake (went to Tesco this morning, discovered I'd lost my purse, eventually found it on the driveway at home), Sunday I plan to just potter about with the ponies though that depends a bit on the weather!

Thank goodness you found your purse @Jessy! I just get worried reading these things. My weekend plan is to go for a walk as I was too tired today and went to bed instead.
But this afternoon I am cooking up a big batch of ragu, pasta sauce special Naples recipe which I divide up and freeze. Reproducing what we ate in a slow food restaurant in Naples. (Slow food means traditional Italian and additive free)

Reactions: Jessey
Working and writing yet more cover letters for various jobs šŸ˜‚ I've got dosing ale with the deosect to look forward to though. And on Monday (valentine's Day) my girl guinea pigs have a date with a neutered boar. That makes me sound absolutely insane but it just happened to fall on that day I swear! Hoping to turn the double trouble act into a trio again šŸ¤ž

Well my day off today. Brother rings me to say he needs some more fence staples to finish a job hes doing for someone. Could i take some over. Then i get another call just as im raiding the shed. Could you also bring some power steering fluid and a spanner, so i can top up the tractor steering to bring the tractor home. Hes 6 miles away the other side of town in the back of beyond. Sat nav gets me. Then he says this wont take 10 minutes and you can take my kit home in your car. 30 minutes later i leave.
As i was over that way i thought I'll do a top up shop at lidl. So i sat nav to get there. Fly round, then head home. Only to hit road closed, so that detours me on the outskirts across the other corner of town. Then i still have to negotiate getting across town to get home, theres even more road works all over the place. So my day off has been pants.
I was going to walk the boys out in hand today, thats still not done. Im just having a coffee but ive lost my enthusiasm as its now getting cold outside.

I expect the girl will come and ride chunky over the weekend. Havent planned anything as such. Sunday is supposed to pour with rain.
Need to carry on hedge cutting the steep bank that drops down from the garden and yard to the field. It covered in brambles. Only 200 metres to cut. So far ive done about 40 metres. Is so steep though its a balancing act whilst wielding a heavy hedge trimmer.

• Sad
No plans for me, although I'm sure my kids will soon change that. Going to think about buying a horse (still thinking.....) and may go and visit some horsey friends to inhale that magical smell (from the horse not the friends).

Looking at the forecast here, there wonā€™t be any riding this weekend. Just got home from work and itā€™s a nice evening but cold. Iā€™m thinking that I should at least lunge one of them, but I have absolutely no enthusiasm to do that for some reason. So will go up, do my jobs and tuck them in for the night, then home to veg out in front of the tv.
I will probably waste the weekend by cleaning, visiting parents and boring stuff like that.

Well my day just hasnā€™t panned out, got out of work late, Jess wasnā€™t nice to Hank chasing him biting, then I stood there watching and she kept checking I was still there which normally means as soon as my back is turned sheā€™ll have her lb of flesh, it was nearly dark, I still needed to run to Tesco after this morningā€™s fail and I was already cold, so gave up split them back up and gave up on the idea of camping. Tomorrow is another day.

newrider.com