Weekend plans?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
What have you got lined up?

Tonight I may get in a quick ride, then got to trim a friends horse and I have a day at the field tomorrow, nettle mowing, harrowing and poo picking and I think I am going to close off 1/2 the track and rest it until spring and open up the far end where the long grass is just for a week or so to let the horses take some length off it (Horses are far more efficient than my hay making efforts :p) and then it should grow back better next month ready for winter.

Sunday is still up for debate, I have someone coming to look at buying Hank's cart on Sunday, I haven't driven him all year and have some possible changes in life coming up so I decided to sell it, I can always buy another later. Then there's a show up the road, the same place I never made it to last month, so if I am feeling super energetic I may get Jess prepped before they arrive and go as soon as they leave, we shall see, I'm not really feeling it at the moment :cool:

Reactions: lauren123
I'll be working for Mr T for a few hours on Saturday but then hopefully both of us will get time go ride. Currently in the process of thinking up a new scheme for winter turnout (yes I know it's still summer but I like to plan ahead). Need to do my research on temp fencing - not poly poles as it's hardcore. At some point I am hoping that we can get a bit more post and rail done on the front field. Lol it's coming up a year soon since we re seeded it!!
I'd like to attack some bushes in the back garden too over the weekend, they are encroaching onto the track leading to the school and Zi is convinced there are monsters in there as it is:oops:
Apart from that - eating Mr T's good food and catching up with Horse and Rider mag:D

Reactions: Jessey
922FF70A-90A8-4CA4-864C-00DA4E88F2C4.jpeg Tonight I’m walking Raf out for the first time following his enforced rest. If he stays sound I’ll be doing the same Saturday and Sunday and I’m hoping to take Jack out for a little hack too - poor thing has had to be dragged out of retirement, but I think he’s quite enjoying it. Not very exciting really but I’m looking forward to it :)

I'll be working for Mr T for a few hours on Saturday but then hopefully both of us will get time go ride. Currently in the process of thinking up a new scheme for winter turnout (yes I know it's still summer but I like to plan ahead). Need to do my research on temp fencing - not poly poles as it's hardcore. At some point I am hoping that we can get a bit more post and rail done on the front field. Lol it's coming up a year soon since we re seeded it!!
I'd like to attack some bushes in the back garden too over the weekend, they are encroaching onto the track leading to the school and Zi is convinced there are monsters in there as it is:oops:
Apart from that - eating Mr T's good food and catching up with Horse and Rider mag:D
How about posts set in pots filler with concrete, so they can still be moved?

View attachment 94589 Tonight I’m walking Raf out for the first time following his enforced rest. If he stays sound I’ll be doing the same Saturday and Sunday and I’m hoping to take Jack out for a little hack too - poor thing has had to be dragged out of retirement, but I think he’s quite enjoying it. Not very exciting really but I’m looking forward to it :)
Fingers crossed for Raf, hopefully he finds it easy and enjoys coming back from rest.

Reactions: Trewsers and Bodshi
@Jessey that's a super idea with concrete pots. I was actually wondering about something along the lines of picnic umbrella bases (not going to go and buy a dozen of those but that was the idea if you know what I mean).

Reactions: Jessey
@Jessey that's a super idea with concrete pots. I was actually wondering about something along the lines of picnic umbrella bases (not going to go and buy a dozen of those but that was the idea if you know what I mean).
Those work too, or Xmas tree stands, or I have my very scruffy car wheel and tyre with a post stuffed in the middle which also work but don't look the nicest (they were just laying around so I used them) :p

Reactions: Trewsers
I have a couple hours work Sat and Sun but other than that all me time. Popping to Alnwick to Moles to get some sawdust,small bagged haylage and sheep feed tomorrow (oh and crisps for Tigger, he is less than impressed I have run out of salt and vinegar Pringles :rolleyes:)
Taking Torin and Rhan for a walk tomorrow and will do long reining with Rhan (we have touches everything wood finally cracked this) need to do some electric fencing on my bottom paddocks as well at some point.
Sunday it's meant to be lashing down so I'll work with Rhan early morning before it starts as it's easier at this stage of training not to upset her with rain (real tough Welsh cob I've got :oops:) do some strimming I don't mind that in the rain, keeps me cooler and after it's a good excuse to have a few hours lazy time wrapped in a blanket watching a film and eating crap :p Sun evening I'm seeing my friend and always look forward to that :D

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I have a couple hours work Sat and Sun but other than that all me time. Popping to Alnwick to Moles to get some sawdust,small bagged haylage and sheep feed tomorrow (oh and crisps for Tigger, he is less than impressed I have run out of salt and vinegar Pringles :rolleyes:)
Taking Torin and Rhan for a walk tomorrow and will do long reining with Rhan (we have touches everything wood finally cracked this) need to do some electric fencing on my bottom paddocks as well at some point.
Sunday it's meant to be lashing down so I'll work with Rhan early morning before it starts as it's easier at this stage of training not to upset her with rain (real tough Welsh cob I've got :oops:) do some strimming I don't mind that in the rain, keeps me cooler and after it's a good excuse to have a few hours lazy time wrapped in a blanket watching a film and eating crap :p Sun evening I'm seeing my friend and always look forward to that :D

Yes make sure to get those salt n vinegar Pringles for your friend:D

Just finished all the housework (wild Friday night I know) now just popping out to get some flowers. My land lady had her cat put to sleep on Monday so I want the place to look nice for when she's back from a trip tomorrow, least I can do really.

Tomorrow I was meant to be hacking with a friend but her beautiful dog was killed by another dog today and she's obviously distraught. I just feel so awful for her such a horrible thing to have to go through. I'll just go for a quick hack alone. Then doing some poo picking for a nearby yard and heading home after to see my family.

Sunday I was meant to be off but now working, still hoping to get away early enough to fit in a hack but will have to see.

Tomorrow, mowing the lawns, foot trimming my two big rams and then moving them and the ram lambs to there new grassing paddock. Halter training the calves. Quick ride out in the evening.
Then Sunday we're taking the boys to a Funride.

I picked up my new car yesterday so I have something I can tow with again yay. Hoping to take Libby to Carsington Water near Ashbourne if she will load!

Good luck with the loading!

Carsington Water has always been on my radar for somewhere to go but somehow I've not made it there yet. What's it like? Do you stay on the flat round the reservoir or are there other bridlepaths that take you off into the hills? Hope you get there this weekend :)

No riding here today - gale for winds hahahaaaa not that confident am I ?!!!:p
Well, I shall just have to divide my day between reading Horse and Rider and serving up dishes of Fast Fibre for everyone. Zi is not showing any signs of leaving guard duty outside Storm's door:D

Sox has physio in 40 mins. Nothing planned. Poo picking abd cleaning out buckets! I found after litrslly months of searching i have a new place to move into!!! Cheaper rent and bigger place with a garden. Tomorrow house work i am guessing.

Reactions: MrA
Sox has physio in 40 mins. Nothing planned. Poo picking abd cleaning out buckets! I found after litrslly months of searching i have a new place to move into!!! Cheaper rent and bigger place with a garden. Tomorrow house work i am guessing.
Great news, onwards and upwards!

Reactions: lauren123
Sort of did do what I had planned.
Madam has devalued the mallet already! It was used all season from new by the previous person and second session she's eaten a piece off.
Now in her defence-I did accidently tap her leg with it and that's the result.
So I really really must be ultra careful not to hit her with it because I can see she's not going to be a good sport!
PicsArt_08-18-05.44.09.jpg

Then she took the p and started eating grass because I kept missing. :D:p
Bought proper balls now in the hope that they don't blow away if it's windy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MrA and domane
Sort of did do what I had planned.
Madam has devalued the mallet already! It was used all season from new by the previous person and second session she's eaten a piece off.
Now in her defence-I did accidently tap her leg with it and that's the result.
So I really really must be ultra careful not to hit her with it because I can see she's not going to be a good sport!
View attachment 94618

Then she took the p and started eating grass because I kept missing. :D:p
Bought proper balls now in the hope that they don't blow away if it's windy. :rolleyes:

:p:D
Must have looked tasty!

Sorry, NF, but I did giggle at the audacity and front of your mare!!

Not much planned for me this weekend. Dom and I put a deposit on a replacement car this morning. Our XTrail is rapidly dying and we have gone for a nice, newer but boring Astra which should be a lot cheaper to run.

newrider.com