Weekend away with my boy with piccies

Gillydaydream

Sep 16, 2009
West Yorkshire
Ginger and I went away for a few days last week, to stay with a friend. I hadn't been anywhere different with him for ages so wasn't sure how he would be, so to be honest I was feeling a little nervous about the whole thing.
Well, all I can say is that he was an absolute legend! He was keen and enthusiastic and full of energy without being silly, and we had a wonderful time. Around the yard he was so chilled out you'd have thought he'd been there forever!
The only time he remotely blotted his copy book was when he had a bit of a nappy boing on our first ride out, and that was only because he was enjoying himself so much he wanted to keep going, not turn round and go home, thank you very much :rolleyes:
We had some lovely hacks, with some great canters around all the lovely bridleways. We also met up with Carthorse one day, and she had a ride on the Ginger man himself who was a very good boy for her

DSC_2184.jpg

DSC_2196.jpg

DSC_2407.jpg

You look so happy together in those photos. Your boy is very handsome, love his rich colouring. The hacking looks really nice. Isn't it lovely when they surprise you like that, by the sounds of it he enjoyed the holiday as much as you did!

Is that a Dr Cook's in the second picture, if so he MUST have been relaxed and enjoying himself:biggrin:

Great pictures:wink:

Gilly it was lovely to see you again & finally meet Ginger, though he wasn't quite what I'd expected :giggle:! He's a lovely boy, a real credit to you, & I loved my ride on him - such a gentleman even when I confused him by clicking my tongue!!!

Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Is that a Dr Cook's in the second picture, if so he MUST have been relaxed and enjoying himself:biggrin:

Great pictures:wink:

Well spotted, yes it is a Dr Cooks! It's what he wears most of the time.
I use a bit for schooling as I find it a little more precise, but apart from that he is bitless the rest of the time and goes well in it.

Although while we were away he wore his bit more than his bitless as he was a bit of a monkey with all that grass! He is laminitic so has very restricted grazing, and all that lovely grass blew his brains a bit, he couldn't see the point in walking on it when he could eat it and he soon figured out that if he nosedived in the bitless (especially down hill!) I couldn't do much about it!

Gilly it was lovely to see you again & finally meet Ginger, though he wasn't quite what I'd expected :giggle:! He's a lovely boy, a real credit to you, & I loved my ride on him - such a gentleman even when I confused him by clicking my tongue!!!

Lol I should have warned you....that is unfortunately one of the perils of clicker training! :giggle:

Hi Gilly, nice to see you again! :D It's been ages, lovely that you and your boy and still doing well and going for adventures :)

Gorgeous pics with loads of happy smiles :biggrin:

I don't know who your "photographer" was but they deserve a drink for capturing such great moments for you to keep.

Love Ginger's colour - a really handsome boy indeed:wink:

newrider.com