Weather related shenanigans

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
The weather has my lot acting like fools, the last few days Niko has apparently forgotten how to walk anywhere in the field, he jogs and prances everywhere. This morning Jess has joined him on the bounciness, the pair of them bucking, twisting and galloping on the still frozen solid ground had me cringing šŸ˜¬ The little boys had been like it but went onto a fresh paddock the day before yesterday and their grass filled bellies are slowing them down since šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Are yours in similar moods?

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
No she goes into semi hibernation/maintenance mode for winter.

I might get the odd day of speed and snort, but that's because something has upset her.

We've had less than two weeks of minus temps.

Reactions: Jessey
OMG I AM SO GLAD to read (well not glad but you know what I mean!) that you guys have bonkers horses too!
This morning Storm was just awful, it is windy but not that bad - so Mr t and me said we would take her a short walk and nibbles etc. Same old field as ever, same old black bales as ever standing there. Okay, clearly she hasn't seen them this past six months! She would not settle, no amount of lovely grass worked - even her fav rolling patch was ignored. She was just silly, bouncing and bouncing and spinning and finally we were all dizzy and said bugger this you're going back on the yard with your hay net! Even when we got to the yard gate she did one of her epic spins. Oh well tomorrow's another day..............o_O:rolleyes:

No, mine are fed up and miserable. AJ has an abscess which the vet has just been to treat and poultice because he needed sedating. Raf isn't a fan of winter weather anyway. At the yard he would have come in at lunch time and spent the afternoon dozing and eating his net, but I am cruel and make him stay out with AJ until just before dusk.

They have no grass, I'm sure it would cheer them up no end if they did. I can't wait for Spring.

I actually love it when Raf acts daft and giddy and I know he's feeling well. Not so sure I'll feel the same about AJ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
No, mine are fed up and miserable. AJ has an abscess which the vet has just been to treat and poultice because he needed sedating. Raf isn't a fan of winter weather anyway. At the yard he would have come in at lunch time and spent the afternoon dozing and eating his net, but I am cruel and make him stay out with AJ until just before dusk.

They have no grass, I'm sure it would cheer them up no end if they did. I can't wait for Spring.

I actually love it when Raf acts daft and giddy and I know he's feeling well. Not so sure I'll feel the same about AJ šŸ˜‚
Aw vibes for AJ and his abscess - they are horrid aren't they.

Robin is bouncing. The ice has gone which means the mud is back. He couldnā€™t wait to get out. He still walks out politely but I let him go he was off. He is taking huge delight in throwing him at to the ground and covering himself in mud. There is a spring like feel in the air today. I know we are not there yet and tonight is to get cold again.

No she goes into semi hibernation/maintenance mode for winter.

I might get the odd day of speed and snort, but that's because something has upset her.

We've had less than two weeks of minus temps.
hasnā€™t she been fence hopping? Iā€™d call that shenanigans!!

Ale was very happy the ground had defrosted a little the other day and galloped up to greet me and then had a little canter round the field having fun once he realised it felt nice on his feet šŸ„°

Reactions: Jessey and Bodshi
The weather has my lot acting like fools, the last few days Niko has apparently forgotten how to walk anywhere in the field, he jogs and prances everywhere. This morning Jess has joined him on the bounciness, the pair of them bucking, twisting and galloping on the still frozen solid ground had me cringing šŸ˜¬ The little boys had been like it but went onto a fresh paddock the day before yesterday and their grass filled bellies are slowing them down since šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Are yours in similar moods?
Absolutely šŸ’Æ! Hogan's being an idiot, which is probably why he's a bit lame.

Sapphire has been trotting cantering and bunny hopping, rolling. Suze managed a canter and a buck. Buddy chased everyone just to make the point. Fleur played at zoomies. Tintin just tried to stay well clear

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
newrider.com