Weather changes

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
Well the weather up here has been up and down!! Small storms to glorious warm sun and back to big storms!!

Been treating Kia’s abscess so he’s been in a few days then out during the day and in at night poulticed in order to allow movement to try and help me drain away what’s left.

He has a new hole in his sole which he is very uncomfortable with me picking out or going near so thinking this is the new gravity hole, he’s trying to yank the foot from me when I go deeper to pick it out so I’m syringing dilutes hibiscrub up in there to clean it out then poulticeing after scrubbing the foot.

During the lovely sun on wednesday I left him out without a rug and regretted it when I went to get him in :rolleyes:

46AD4FC1-80D2-44D7-94D9-7FD172062E3C.jpeg B5F3DA8F-36D6-4B89-B17A-AE1F85EA60FC.jpeg

So I was grooming that off when I discovered what looked like the beginning of rain scald as he got soaked through his rug last weekend and I thought I’d dried him out quicke enough. So since it was 20.5degree he got a bath with some dettol and medicated shampoo. He was not impressed but a lot cleaner and I check him today and no sign of the rainscald :)

He’s dry poulticed again tonight and if nothing is in it then I’m going to return him to 24/7 turnout as we have so little of that lovely time left before the mucking our daily starts in earnest lol ;)

4033E730-2A3B-448B-843E-E654F727556B.jpeg 672452EE-DD95-4A3B-B7ED-E949D890ED77.jpeg 922DF04C-ED36-4B11-91D3-6576B9F68665.jpeg

I think he has gained a little bit, either that or he isn’t holding himself like he was the other day, maybe it’s hope or maybe it’s just me wishing lol.

He has the vet for his pre winter check on 19/10 so hopefully he has reached the magic numbers :cool:

I think considering the ups and downs with our weather and his health he is looking bloody good Mr C. He has such a great looking coat and skin in those pics (the groomed ones :p he also does a great hippo impression :D)

I'm glad the rainscald was nipped in bud quick and hopefully the new hole will let any remaining crap out and you can enjoy the last of not mucking out in a morning!

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for the 19th x

Reactions: MrC
newrider.com