We need your help! Four girls on a mission!

loziasa

Dressage Diva Wannabe :D
The Mary Towneley Loop '08 - Official Event Number - 08946

Hi all,

Just a bit of a plea for help! Myself and 4 of my friends will be riding the Mary Towneley Loop in Lancashire, a 47 mile round trip that will take us up hill and down dale, and we hope to cover the whole thing in three days! A rather ambitious task for 4 girls who haven't really done any serious endurance stuff before!
Anyway, we are doing all this to raise money for the Stroke Association, a charity that puts all its efforts into raising awareness about stroke and providing care and support by those affected by them. They do fantastic work, and are always looking for people to fundraise for them!

So heres where you come in!

We need sponsors!

We are putting so much effort into this ride, and into the publicity (ie getting ourselves into the papers etc) and so we would love to raise a big amount of money for this much needed and worthwhile charity.

If 50p is all you can afford, then you are still making a fantastic gesture and you're changing someones life for the better.

You can sponsor us online, just go to: http://www.justgiving.com/themarytowneleyloop08

It's a secure site and it's so simple and easy to do.

We also have a website to promote our ride:
http://fiesty-fillies.piczo.com/themarytowneleyloop

Also, we have a Facebook group which you can search for and become a member of if you have a Facebook account, simply search for:
Support Us! The Mary Towneley Loop '08 - Riding For The Stroke Association

If you join the group, you will receive regular updates and we will keep you posted on how things progess!

We have had a lot of support already, but we know all you NR's are so generous and supportive, so I would love to have your help.

Remember, the smallest gesture can make the difference to someones life.

We hope you can find the kindness somewhere to sponsor us and give what you can!
Here are some piccys of us girlies and our horses, we are doin a bit of a photoshoot thingy for some pics for the papers so I will post those when I have them!

Thanks in advance, it means a lot to us!

Helene, Kelly, Emily and Alex (the riders)

Helene and Kelly on one of many nights out!
DSC00078.jpg

Emily and Delilah as part of the winning Rochdale and District team at the Novice Indoor SJ Champs at Hartpury College (April 08)
DSC00415.jpg

Helene and her lovely Tara, who you all know!
tarashow1.jpg

Alex and Doodle
alexdoodle.jpg

Last edited:
It isnt hard to do in three days, That is how long I took to get around it on a super lazy cob a few years ago! But your bum will be sore for a few days after! lol
I live right on the loop so actually go on the section s around here all the time. But make sure your horses are fit if they are not used to doing a lot of hill work.
And good luck!!!!!!!!
the-loop.gif

What a lovely idea. I've just been studying stroke as part of my physiotherapy degree, and it's so sad how many people it affects, and how badly it can affect you, very few people fully recover 100% after stroke :(. Great cause to raise money for, will go visit your page now!

8-legged-pony thats why we are doing it for the Stroke Association :D For one reason and another I have a connection with the CSP, and the North East region is fundraising for them this year, so I said we would lend a helping 'hoof' and raise some money!

newrider.com