We managed to get to the beach!

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
As mentioned before, we hacked to the beach at the weekend. Didn't go on the actual beach this time as Harvey hadn't seen the sea before and the sea was particularly rough as it was windy. So windy we saw lots of kites with skateboards underneath. Harvey really didn't think much of them and I soon learnt what passage possibly feels like, and he CAN do leg yielding at the trot ehen he puts his mind to it ! He was very good though, not strong and really light in the hand. Had some lovely canters on the way home too. Was about a 2 hour hack and really looking forward to going again.

Harvey is the little chestnut in the photo's - and excuse my position ( I'm blaming the saddle ;) ) sorry there's no photo's of the actual beach! It was the beach at frinton-on-sea, Essex

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326743329.976009.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326743329.976009.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 63
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326743373.024298.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326743373.024298.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 61
Lovely pics, i'm sure the more you take Harvey the better he will become with people kite boarding :biggrin:

Yes the photo was taken just after the kite boarders and once he'd stopped getting his knickers in a twist. I think the more he sees them the better he'll be but he was very much "you reckon we should trust you people !!!? .... You strap things to your feet and try to fly??..... You're all blooming nuts and going to get us all killed ! "

Awww fab pics LF, Harvey is such a lovley boy :inlove:

I remember when Finn first saw a kite! i got carted off in gallop across a field for a good few mins! :giggle:

Wow, LF......can you imagine having done that last year:giggle:

You and Harvey have really come on leaps and bounds I am so pleased for you, sounds like a great day and to be fair, if he had never seen anything like it before you would expect him to be 'on his toes':wink:

Oh well done to you! I remember your other thread about saying you were going. Great stuff. Sounds like you're confidence is really coming on as well - quite envious, a two hour hack!!!!

Thanks everyone - it was really good!
and FL - a year ago the thought of hacking up the drive was scary and the achievement at that time was to stay on all four legs while hacking approx 200yards from home!

ooooh I do envy you - used to hack on the beach in Norfolk - although Solly always had an issue with the soft ground under his feet! What a tart!:giggle:

Im another one who believes firmly in slowly, slowly catchee monkey - if I make myself do anything (usually cos someone lese has insisted I give it a go!)t is always a total failure - if I build up my confidence levels slowly I get much further ahead with things.

Just reminded me - my brother once went down to the beach with my sis in law and her 17.2 eventer. Horse had never seen the sea before, my brother got on board, rode over the dunes, the horse took one look at the sea and bolted for a good three miles in the opposite direction!:bounce:

I've only ever been on the beach once when I was about 7, eeeeek!!! Was on a days hack thing in west wales the pony was doing a tigger impression all the way!!
Harvey looks like a lovely lad!
Who's the handsome black beast at the back?

I've only ever been on the beach once when I was about 7, eeeeek!!! Was on a days hack thing in west wales the pony was doing a tigger impression all the way!!
Harvey looks like a lovely lad!
Who's the handsome black beast at the back?

He is called Ellis and is a gorgeous freisan sp? Gelding at my yard. He is for sale at the moment but they want a hefty 5k for him. He is lovely though.

Thanks everyone - it was really good!
and FL - a year ago the thought of hacking up the drive was scary and the achievement at that time was to stay on all four legs while hacking approx 200yards from home!

Exactly LF, you can be very proud of yourself for how you stuck with it and now you are reaping the benefits..............xxxxxx

newrider.com