We Jumped...... Over a pole on the ground :)

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Big thrill for me and not so much for my confidence but Oscar's , when I first got him I was told 'you won't get him near a coloured pole' and true enough he wouldn't go within 10 ft of them, however, with lots of patience (over a year) we finally did it! The jump was unintentional, I was only asking him to walk over it, he just decided it was far to scary to walk over and cat leapt it instead, but at least he went over it, we have since walked over two in a row several times without any worries and I'm very very proud of him. No intention of jumping, not my thing, but will be nice to be able to introduce trotting poles into our schooling. Sorry pointless post really but just wanted to share.

Big thrill for me and not so much for my confidence but Oscar's , when I first got him I was told 'you won't get him near a coloured pole' and true enough he wouldn't go within 10 ft of them, however, with lots of patience (over a year) we finally did it! The jump was unintentional, I was only asking him to walk over it, he just decided it was far to scary to walk over and cat leapt it instead, but at least he went over it, we have since walked over two in a row several times without any worries and I'm very very proud of him. No intention of jumping, not my thing, but will be nice to be able to introduce trotting poles into our schooling. Sorry pointless post really but just wanted to share.

Excellent, it's those little acheivements that make horses such fun :biggrin:

newrider.com