We gave it a shot

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
With my health worries going on at the moment I forgot to do a wee update about this. But a few weeks ago Voltan and I tried our very first affiliated dressage.

No different to getting ready for our unaffiliated dressage except the bag of nerves I put on myself when really all i should have thought was that it had a different name :unsure: amazing how the human brain can freak out at a slight change.

We did a prelim and a novice - really enjoyed both and came away hoping to get a least in the 50's as we hadn't been in work long since our winter hols.

Prelim 61.97% with 5th place and Novice was 62.31 and 3rd place. Delighted didn't cover it really, owe that horse the world.

Couple of pics

421543_10150530577747655_647042654_9147326_943187406_n.jpg

404964_10150530577602655_647042654_9147322_526852912_n.jpg

Brilliant, you both look fab.

I was meant to do first dressage of the year yesterday but cancelled due to weather. Got to book another, before I loose the motivation! Eep.

Well done!

Thank you!

Brilliant, you both look fab.

I was meant to do first dressage of the year yesterday but cancelled due to weather. Got to book another, before I loose the motivation! Eep.

Thank you! Don’t loose motivation :) hope you have your next one booked!

Weather down south seems to have swapped with Scotland – normally us having the cancellations due to snow and ice. Feels strange to actually be having a mild period of weather up here.

Well done! :smile:

Thank you!

well done...fab result :biggrin:

Thank you!

Great results, you both look so smart and focused.

Thank you! I love how he looks focused in photos – sometimes when riding it just feels like he’s not focused at all lol but then on reviewing it his little ears are pricked and hes trying his hardest to understand my dodgy riding bless.

Well done! Very respectable scores! :)

Had to abandon my plans of dressage for yesterday due to the snow....better luck in a fortnight!

Thanks you! I was really pleased with the scores, our first ever dressage test score out and about with Voltan was 45% :redface: in fact it was a minor miracle that we made it into the arena.
We used to get a lot of comments about how he was extremely anxious, head shaking and his tongue hanging out. We are still are far way from fixing things but to watch our own personal scores go up has been a great accomplishment.

Hope the weather eases for you also and you are back out in a few weeks time!

Well done! :smile:

Thank you!

newrider.com