We didn't come last! **PICS**

Soot

Paranoid!
Aug 7, 2007
East Sussex
First show since Rambo died -- found it hard to get my horsey motivation into gear, but luckily once we arrived I started enjoying Lucy for what she is (an opinionated cow-cob!) ...

Only did the Ridden Coloured class. I normally do the dressage but it was indoors at this show and I didn't want to get Lucy's feathers all sandy :eek:

We got pulled in 6th (out of over 20!!) in the first line up -- by a county judge! Unfortunately Lucy then slipped quite scarily during her individual show going into right canter. She decided that the right lead was dangerous (it's her "bad" side anyway) and thought it prudent not to canter again.

Okay, she point blank refused to try again!!

Her left canter was perfect, however, and she gave me a good gallop too so I am VERY pleased with her even if we ended up not getting placed. There were no horses places above me that didn't absolutely deserve it!

Going to have her checked over on Monday to make sure she hasn't slipped her pelvis again ... and then remind her that the right lead is NOT the work of the devil.

Feathers == WHITE!
standing+large.jpg

Image8_002.jpg

Image3.jpg

Individual show
trotting2.jpg

trotting.jpg

Final walk out ...
Image1.jpg

Image9_001.jpg

Last edited:
oh what a beauty she is!!

Well done to you both xx

oooh wish i'd gone to plumpton now but didn't bother cause the rain, no wonder the grass was slippy!! Well done!

Ah well done to both of you! She's such a stunner your girlie! I can understand how hard it must have been to motivate yourself after Rambo but well done you for doing it! :)

Wow - she's stunning ! Well done for getting any sort of a canter on slippy wet grass !! We did a dressage test a couple of weeks ago on very wet grass and I just accepted Summer's best effort at a canter transition, and let her drop back to trot within 2 strides. She knew it wasn't safe for her to try to canter a small circle, bless her heart !

Thanks guys :) Today lifted my spirits, even if we didn't win anything! Getting that canter predictable and safe on all grounds will be the new challenge!

I'm not a coloured or cob person but WOW what a stunning horse- she is lovely :D

I'm surprised at myself :eek::D

newrider.com