Waterproof gloves .. not !!!

daisysp8

Dec 11, 2009
North East Linconshire
I got some neoprene 'supposed' waterproof gloves from ebay :rolleyes: ... I`d only used them 4 or 5 times to smash the ice and lift it out on the water buckets, when the right one started leaking, i wasn`t a happy bunny :mad:

I got in touch and he said send them back, but only if they`re def faulty (i don`t know what he thought i`d done to them) ... Anyhow, sent them back, and he replaced the faulty right hand glove ... fair enough, but i`ve used them this morning, and the blasted right glove is leaking still (in a different place) !!!

I`ve sent another email to him, but i`m miffed, it`s cost me initial price to buy them + postage, and then the return postage for the faulty one (£3) and another lot of postage (£3) to return this faulty one !!

I think i`m going to ask for a refund, but where do i stand with it all now ? Should he reimburse postage too ? Or am i just going to have to write off that money ?

And now he`s saying to get a refund i have to return them in the original packaging, with the tags on :banghead: ... How the flamers can i do that when they`ve been used and are faulty ? !!!!! :stomp:

I think i`m just going to have to admit deafeat and chuck em in the bin :unsure:

Might be more trouble than it's worth TBH (but depends how much the gloves were)... but things sold should be 'fit for purpose' which, by the sounds of it, these gloves weren't! Was it a business seller on Ebay you bought them from?

You could always ask advice on the Ebay forums as to what you can do, you can get excellent advice there on Ebay buying matters. Paypal amy also help, (if that's how you paid for them?)

Yep, the forums are pretty helpful, I have always got good advice when I needed it from there. I also got some pretty good help from the eBay customer service team as well, if I remember correctly I spoke to them on some chat facility they offer.

eBay does tend to be weighted towards the buyer, so you might get lucky

Argh, this is the sort of niggly little frustrating thing that would get my goat. But yep, sounds like more trouble than its worth.:stomp:

Yeah .. i`ve sent him 2 emails which he`s promptly ignored, and for the sake of more cost of posting them back, i think i`m just going to write it off now, i haven`t the energy to argue over it *sigh* ... Thanks all for your help and suggestions though, it`s opened up a whole new world realising there are ebay help forums lol !!!

newrider.com