Was going to do dressage today but...

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
My right leg decided it wasn't going to work properly. Everything was going well in my lessons but I started having problems getting on and off Mac, my leg keeps getting stuck on the cantle and then I began not to be able to use it to much effect when riding. Recently I posted about a pain in my ankle and ways of supporting it with different boots but now I wonder if it was the hip that was causing the problem. Having already had problems leading to a hip replacement in the other leg I am remembering how that felt and it seems to be happening again. Anyway, I decided at the beginning of this week I would rather not attempt dressage if I couldn't be sure I could do it properly, our original plan was that I would do a preliminary test and my RI would do a novice with him but she ended up two prelims.

It was a horrendous day weather wise with heavy rain and everyone was looking a bit bedraggled but it was a good competition and there were a lot of good scores. In prelim 12 my RI and Mac got 68.2 and second place. There was another 68.2, they both had the same collective marks but the other competitor had a 7 for the freewalk and Mac had 6.5 so he was second by half a point. In prelim 15 they got 68.69 and was in the lead but the last 3 had slightly higher scores, so Mac was fourth. Considering he's done very little dressage over the last couple of years we were very pleased with how he went.

I was disappointed not to be able to do it, I even bought a a new hat last week especially, but I enjoy watching him nearly as much. Hopefully my turn will come again, as long as it's before I'm too old and past it !

I have got some nice photos of Mac doing dressage but I need to find out how to make them smaller before I can post them. I must experiment.

Reactions: Trewsers
Thank you Trewsers and Bodshi. I think the person who told me I was sensible for not buying him for his looks would have to eat her words if she could see what he became.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com