Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber Hughes

Fergals mummy
May 4, 2007
Saltash, Cornwall
www.myspace.com
Hi everyone

Not sure if its posted else where but thought I would let you all know!

There have been a couple of reports to the police of a small group of eastern europian men taking photos of horses at shows, events etc and even in peoples fields

Its looking like they are stealing to order! Not confirmed as of yet and hopefully they wont nick anyones horse

I have got the two vehicles reg and details but they are up the yard I will post them up tomorrow for you, one is a red land cruiser though

Just be careful people

I am so so so worried cos my horse was good at racing once if they steal him to race he will break down again and prob end up shot our yard is 5 miles from my house and we have about 50 horses up there

What can we do in terms of security though?

The livery owner lives on site as its a farm and so hopefully the farmer and his gun will be enough!

Anyone know any more about this?

Im so so worried it makes me sick

The message has been posted in several areas of NR. But your right to ask about added security. Not just at a time like this but for the future too....

Someone put on IH that numbered locks are better than padlocked locks. Not sure why but I would go and buy one if any of you know why I would love to know. :)

Ive bought mine in now. At the minute I havent got all the fencing put up so some of the field is just barb wire and stock fencing, with electric fencing internally. So a cut to this could easily mean anyone would be able to walk away with the horses at the bottom of my field and I wouldnt know about it....

They are now all stabled and both gates are locked. The dogs too are near the gates so Im hoping no-one would take my horses without the dogs alerting me.

Well my yard was visited on MOnday. Two guys in a white van arrived at my yard. Jumped the gate and went toward the stables. Neighbours set the guard dogs loose. So they are about. Every warning is worth it. We are West Sussex

i got a text yesterday saying they were in southampton and had been caught takng photos of 3 horses in a field. this is why i prefer being on a livery yard to just having a field :eek:

Ugh, am sick of these threads now! It is a scam, no question about it. There must be about 10 or so threads hanging around atm, some closed, about these 'theives' in Cheshire, North Wales, Derbyshire, Devon, Southampton....unless they have stolen a cloning machine also, and are currently circling all the counties in GB!

Good idea to ask about security though, I suppose the only thing you can do is to have gates as secure as possible, don't leave headcollars etc in reach and keep an eye out for strange behaviour and unrecognised vehicles.

novice nic.... they are harder to smash off. (im not odd but i have tried and tested several locks.) ones that are lile bike locks are even harder... if you whack a padlock, most have the normal drop down mecanisims (sp) the ones that open sideways are a real pig to smash!

security places are normally the best places. or hunt the internet.... stay away from the cheap locks

before the actual thefts i was starting to dout this but i think all the warnings are worth it

my personal thoughts are that there are more than 2 people are in this all with white vans with many different plates, to confuse the people on the lookout, one pair of people prob. not all eastern european, again to confuse people, i rekon their is a pair in each countie otherwise how else ,as someone pointed out, the theft in lancashire and devon are on the same night blamed on the same people. it would be VERY suspisciuos to travel in a vehicle that everyone is looking out for with a horsebox on the back especial to then pull up in another yard

just my thoughts

x

im in west yorks. and we saw two vans by our bottom fields today, a burgundy one and a white one with the back doors open. we have taken down the reg. has anybody seen similar vehicles? should i be worrying.. or am i being a little paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newrider.com