warm hoof.

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
So for the last week or so when I have been picking soxs feet out in an evening one of his feet is either warm or quite warm were as the rest are cold. It's always in the evening. I am hosing it for 5-10 mins when its been like this. Only once has it been like that in the morning. I pick his feet out once a day sometimes 3 times a day. He's sound. My farrier is coming tomorrow so I am going to see if he can have a look. He may have thrush and has been out in a very boggy field. Anyone have any thoughts?

Mine get warm hooves after standing with their feet buried in their deep straw beds! Could it be something as simple as that with Sox? Anyway, sure your farrier will spot anything untoward.

Sorry, just want to add - not all their feet are warm at the same time, it just can depend on how they've been standing - sometimes madam churns up part of her bed and that means her back feet are buried deeper than the rest.

I think I would put that in the worth keeping an eye on but not worrying too much over category, I often find jess has one or two feet warmer depending which ones have been in the sun or a pile of poop, but if it's the same foot each time it's less likely to be one of those anomalies, I think getting the farrier to look is a wise precaution.

Is the pulse up too? It may be the start of an abcess. Mind you it could be nothing at all!

newrider.com