Wanting to get back out doing photoshoots

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
I really need to start getting back out now, but also need to start earning money so can't really offer anymore free shoots for the moment .. though I will be offering more in the near future (once I have bought new camera)

now I was thinking I could offer a deal that I would come out with no time restrictions .. so if you wanted me out all day I would stay all day, if the shoot only takes 2 hours I would only stay 2 hours .. and provide a disc of ALL images from the shoot, including some edits ..

now I am trying to think of prices for this now usually for a disc of all images form a photoshoot would be £200 including edits ..

so was thinking around £150-£175 .. but not sure if people would pay this ..

so what I am wondering is, what do you think is a decent price for this sort of package

Do you do weddings, Christenings etc? My hubby takes great photos, but it is his hobby, he is not professional. He charges £200 to do a wedding on the basis you describe- all shots on a disc.He has done friends' weddings and is now branching out to friends of friends'.

So on this basis I think that your rates are reasonable, particularly for an 'event'.

Good luck!

Do you do weddings, Christenings etc? My hubby takes great photos, but it is his hobby, he is not professional. He charges £200 to do a wedding on the basis you describe- all shots on a disc.He has done friends' weddings and is now branching out to friends of friends'.

So on this basis I think that your rates are reasonable, particularly for an 'event'.

Good luck!

it is mostly equine & pet photoshoots I do atm .. though would love to get into weddings etc

newrider.com