Wanted - Comments on Synthetic Saddles

Due to being young and not having a job, The synthetic saddle has been good, cheap enough for my parents to buy me, but still really nice to ride in. I have a Wintec 500 (or some number :S).

Cleaning is easy, just rub a damp cloth over it, looks good as new. I also like the adjustable knee rolls, I take them out for jumping :D. Not to much worry about them getting wet, they seem to dry fast.

Althrough I have found riding in rubber boots and the synthetic leather in the wet make things a little bit slippery, but that may have just been me. I now try to keep my legs and the saddle as dry as possible when jumping in the rain!!! But on the other hand, the seat isn't slippery at all what ever the weather :D

Sorry in haste to type quickly I didn't explain very well. The Maxams are cloth all over with no synthetic suede or leather look. Although they are the cheapest I have found them the hardest wearing (constant riding school use is a great test!)

My older maxam has plastic looking leather look material and the rest is cloth type. The griffens are more suede like material and leather look stuff, with cloth type stuff underneath.
I find the plastic looking stuff tends to squeek when you trot

synthetic saddles

Hi!

I have a Wintec 500 GP and a Wintec Close Contact.They are both really comfy but i find on the GP that has suede knee rolls that when they are wet they leave slight black marks on your knees when they are new and haven't got wet before and that the close contact rocks about at the back as my TB has very high withers, muscle wastage and a projected spine.I used to have a maxam GP about 4 yrs ago on my M/W cob and it used to slip right round and had very little knee rolls and a uncomfortable seat.So bought the wintec GP and had no problems.

I find i sometimes get pulled forward in my GP when schooling so looking into getting a Thorowgood High wither Selecta 3in1 saddle.Any comments on this saddle greatly appreciated :D

those saddles are really good and also really good to clean, where abouts do i live, i have thoroughgood saddle for sale, its brand new and its only sat on a horses back .

rrp £130
my price £80

its a 18" and a medium fit, although it is a big medium

PM if you want

love adele xx

newrider.com