Walking Straight???

Bangers & Mash

Oct 15, 2007
A house
Hello all!

It has been along time since my last thread and I’m not too sure where to put this one!

But to cut a long story short….

It was about too weeks ago when I had my horse’s (Oyster’s) back checked. She didn’t have anything majorly wrong with her back just the ‘odd bits and pieces’ is how the back person described it. To be honest I didn’t really understand what she said was wrong with her she said there was something to do with her poll and her left hip. However she did say that nothing was causing her any pain or restricting her and that she had corrected it. So I gave her a few days off and when I started riding her again I stuck to straight lines foe a few days which is what she had said to. When riding her she didn’t feel any different (although she is now working in a more consistent outline).

Getting to the point….

I have been noticing when leading her to the field (a straight, even, hard surface) that she is not walking straight behind she is drifting slightly to the right. I have had my sister have a look but she can’t see anything but I am convinced that she is not quite right on her hind legs particularly the left one. She is not lame and does not appear to be in any discomfort and when ridden she goes very well on the straight but falls in slightly on circles at times which is something she used to do anyway.

But I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem like this before and can reassure me that it is not just my imagination.

Just to add also I took her XCountry last week for the second time ever and she was amazing, Oyster enjoyed it more than I did!!! I will have to put some videos up at some point.

picture-1.jpg

newrider.com