Waffle rug vs. Fleece rug?

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
They both wick away moisture, keep warm or cool... So why would you pick one over the other?

I want a rug to put on after baths, or to dry out when been raining, and to use as an under rug if necessary.

I have a waffle rug for drying off and a fleece for keeping warm. I used a fleece for drying off after bathing and noticed beads of water on the outside after a while, like condensation ?? That put me off so hence I do what I do .

Not sure its wrong or right but works for us.

I use equinox gulliver rugs, I have 4 of them (although selling one- possibly 2 as I'm not sure Kiki will fit in it now), they wick away water after baths and when sweaty really well and I use them as under rugs and to keep them warm and to travel in, they are really good quality multi purpose rugs.

I personally don't like the waffle rugs because they tend to stretch and all the ones I've had have gone saggy around the neck and then pulled back and rubbed like mad.

I used a fleece for drying off after bathing and noticed beads of water on the outside after a while, like condensation ??

That's precisely what I love in the fleece - light but warm and wicks the moisture to the outside where it evaporates, keeping horsey warm and drier underneath :wink:

newrider.com