Vollys first inter'stressage *pics*

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Decided to give interdressage a shot this month :) haha is all i will say.

Maybe i should read the tests before doing them ;) Picked worst day ever weather wise. The wind was horrendous and followed us around the indoor lol - Marsden said it sounded like a T Rex was outside lol

Hes a good boy but rather a lot of mistakes (me not him!) and lazy me decided couldn't be bothered re recording them again... Ack you only get one shot in a normal dressage test. Major boo boo with recording is door and daylight as vid looks odd but first time doing it so more understanding now of whats needed. Major thanks to Marsden for standing and recording

I was all ready to go in my posh/casual but Aunty Marsden decided to be mean and make me wear my dressage clobber as it said on the site.... i think she just wanted a laff!! Fat bird in white jods and all that :D:D:eek:

Anyway no clue on marks as yet but some pics from today - vids are uploading still - once done u can have a laugh

Arrived - such a mature boy going out and about on his own totally unphased

DSCF7346.jpg

Watching the arena getting marked out

DSCF7352.jpg

Aunty Marsden and vol resting up

DSCF7356.jpg

Is that excitement or fear in his eyes lol

DSCF7359.jpg

Head shot

DSCF7360.jpg

Last edited:
Some ridden from our warmup

DSCF7368.jpg

DSCF7378.jpg

DSCF7374.jpg

DSCF7376.jpg

DSCF7379.jpg

Video - don't laff too much

Last edited:
Hiya - I usually enter every month, but haven't done for a couple of months as I haven't been well enough. :(

You and your horse look fantastic! :D Which class did you do?

I'm doing the Style & Performance class with a couple of my (not very well behaved!) horses for a laugh this time! I'm not meant to jump and I ride in a Western saddle most of the time, and my mare is not really going to be impressed with cross-poles etc... so should be interesting.... but we'll have a go!!

Good luck! I'll look out for Voltan on the leaderboard.:)

(P.S. You don't have to wear dressage clobber - the site will be changing soon to say that 'safe casual' is OK, some people don't have show gear, so it's fine to wear whatever, as long as you are 'dressed for riding' - with hat, boots, etc,... so no high heels, shorts and strappy tops!!)

You do look incredibly smart! :D

(P.S. You don't have to wear dressage clobber - the site will be changing soon to say that 'safe casual' is OK, some people don't have show gear, so it's fine to wear whatever, as long as you are 'dressed for riding' - with hat, boots, etc,... so no high heels, shorts and strappy tops!!)

You do look incredibly smart! :D

i tried to tell marsden that i just think she liked to see me squirm trying to fit myself in to my old dressage gear lol was quite sad really as i haven't worn any of it since a last test with chinook :(

Hoping they will accept the video as we were lacking letters - as had to decrease the school and the light kind of takes away from the vid. Lessons learnt for filming the next one.

Did test 1 (walk trot) and test 2

Oh you might be able to answer a question for me please. I got a number to upload the videos with - only one number but two tests do i just use it for both or contact them?

Hi again :)

Oh no!.....Please don't ask me technical things about you-tube...!!!!!

I have NO CLUE about uploading! The best thing to do is email Karina - karina@interdressage.com - and she'll help you! Sorry I'm cr*p with technology and stuff! :rolleyes: Or give her a call - her number is on the 'contact us' bit of interdressage's website. She's really friendly and very helpful.

I'm sure it won't matter too much about the light/dark in your school or the letters. I know Karina gets all sorts of videos in - I was worried about the quality of some of mine in the past - the most difficult I recall her mentioning was a black and white horse in an indoor school in the near-dark! That was apparently quite a challenge to judge!! From your photos, it looks fine - I can't watch the video cos my computer is so hopeless!! :):rolleyes:

Will watch out for you! :) Voltan really is stunning! :)

thank u for the lovely comments. did find it enjoyable with no pressure environment i have to admit.

Think vol did too as he entered at A and proceeded to fart down the centre line the whole way until we reached C...... couldn't help be laff and pray Marsden and RI didn't think that was me lol ;) :D

Absolutely fab Nookster, I love Voltan he's gorgeous.

I'm planning on doing Octobers tests for Interdressage with our girly, are they the ones you did?

Starter test 1 and 2 and Intermediate test 5?

I doubt I'll be donning the dressage gear though ;) :D (mainly cos I aint got any anymore lol)

Thank you :)

Yep was test 1 and test 2 - i didn't do test 5 haha struggled enough with them two :)

Looking at a one for November now - rather enjoyed it but i think next month we will just do one and actually ride it/ practise before recording it ...doh!

Then if the weather holds up we'll have to see what local ones are on in the area over the winter and get out to them :)

and proceeded to fart down the centre line the whole way until we reached C...... couldn't help be laff and pray Marsden and RI didn't think that was me lol
Shame on you for blaming such a beautiful boy:eek: it couldn't possibly have been him;)

think they were both really good , the photo's were lovely , you both looked super smart - and for the record you are not a fat bird so stop calling yourself one !!!! :rolleyes: good effort there were lots of things i like about your test :)

Thank you :)
Next month gonna do normal clothes me thinks :) unless marsden picks on me again haha :D

promise you 'fat bird' i'lll show u me wobbly bits up close if you don't believe me lol :D:eek::D:D

i really fancied getting into interdressage, esp as my YO can be a real arse about taking me to my comps, but always found the site abit complicated and scarey :rolleyes: must have a go - going to make it my goal once numpty is up and running at full power again ;):D

newrider.com