vids of annie walking...what do you think of her foot?

K

Kate&TheHerd

well annie is lame :( here is origional post

http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182405

but here is basically what has happened.

saturday-she tripped. resting front foor on toe.
sunday-very slight heat on hoof wall but not lame and not resting foot
tue-took for a hack walk and trot felt fine
wed/thurs no riding but not lame.
yesterday- resting foot, lame, weight bearing but not looking great. no heat anywhere. slight possible lump on fetlock. think she may have been playing silly buggers in the field and caught it again :rolleyes: as i rested her for a few days and on the gentle hack she was fine. its been wet recently, so i reckon shes been bombing round the field being silly with the others and as it wasnt properly fixed, shes wrecked it proper

today, seems a lot better, not resting as much, but you can also see shes a bit uncomfortable and half resting it. vids below

Have you had a farrier look at her? My money is still on it being an abcess, this on-off lameness is common when they're brewing up. If it is & he can find where it is hen he'll be able to dig it out & the relief she'll get will be almost immediately obvious. A vet can do the same thing but IME they aren't as good at finding the exact spot & tend to dig away rather too enthusiastically so it takes longer to heal up afterwards.

Ive got similiar thing with Capo, he is resting his front leg showing discomfort, resting on his toe, pointing also. For us it has been intermittent since last summer, third time he has gone lame since the summer, my vet still doesnt know whats wrong with him after taking xrays and nerve blocking. But reading another thread I didnt realise how common, hoof probblems were, so have a little reasurrance however in my case Im starting to think the worst, possible navicular :-(

I would def get farrier out in first instance and if needed vet dont let it linger on

thanks all for your comments, annie is walking a lot better today and iv fenced off the muddy bit so she cant go running on that. like i say theres no heat so hopefully its not an abcess and she will be all better soon

Last edited by a moderator:
newrider.com