Vibes please for the poor boy

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
We had an awful thunder storm in the night and my poor Zi has cut his eye open. Vets just been and he's sedated and stictched it. Omg I was shocked to find him this morning. OH and I were awake on and off with the sheer noise of it all last night - never thinking Zi had damaged himself. Poor lad. Any spare vibes welcome. He's in for a couple of days. The girls were quite unconcerned!!! They did not bother about the lightning and thunder but we spotted him on the yard during one of the bright flashes. But I still maintain he was better being free than trapped inside. Who knows what damage he might have done then.

And to add to the pot, it's snowed here:eek:it was only meant to be sleet but it's well and truly stuck. Just extremely grateful the vet could get here.
We have some fencing which looks like he smashed into, but we're both puzzled because it doesn't lead anywhere and is just where we tie up occasionally. He must have been so scared:(
I know I was! We moved into the living room because we heard thunder so badly and our room is at the back of the house and a flat roof extension. It was creepy when the whole garden lit up:eek:

Oh poor Zi, hopefully it will heal well, its amazing how well they recover from what we often think is bad, I'm assuming he's cut around his eye, not the actual eye ball? Phoenix did it once, about 5mm above the eyelashes from one side to the other split open, the vet wanted to stitch but Phoenix had other ideas even after enough sedation to sink an elephant :rolleyes: I was amazed how well it healed, in a week it looked so much better and he wasn't even left with a scar :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Oh poor Zi, hopefully it will heal well, its amazing how well they recover from what we often think is bad, I'm assuming he's cut around his eye, not the actual eye ball? Phoenix did it once, about 5mm above the eyelashes from one side to the other split open, the vet wanted to stitch but Phoenix had other ideas even after enough sedation to sink an elephant :rolleyes: I was amazed how well it healed, in a week it looked so much better and he wasn't even left with a scar :)

Yeah it's around the eye thankfully. Vet said he won't be doing any eyebrow modelling for a while:pbut he was pleased with it overall in that there was no eyeball damage. I am not good with things near their eyes, K was quite girly when I found him his morning, it looked so awful:eek:
Bless him though he is such a good boy, he didn't need too much sedation and was so well behaved.

Reactions: Jessey
Healing vibes on their way to you. xxx
I've seen quite bad flappy eye cuts stitched before and as someone else has just said they have always healed extremely well with no scars.

He's such a big sweetheart. I could have cried for him this morning:(but he looks perkier now. He's standing in the sunlight nibbling hayledge. The girls appear to be taking turns guarding him. Very funny as Storm actually "allowed" Chloe to stand the closest to him.

Poor So, it sounded awful no wonder he was scared. Sending plenty of healing vibes for the ginger boy. My old boy cut above his eye last year, swelled up so much it looked like he'd gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson but healed fine and you can't tell now.

Healing vibes for Zi a big bucketful.
Do you think something could have hit him, maybe a tree branch or roof slate or something that got blown into him with the wind?
Hope he’s soon on the mend.

Healing vibes for Zi a big bucketful.
Do you think something could have hit him, maybe a tree branch or roof slate or something that got blown into him with the wind?
Hope he’s soon on the mend.

I can't see any slates or other debris, but that's not to say something might be buried under the snow. During the night it was pelting with hail but then this morning it's snowed and stuck.

Poor So, it sounded awful no wonder he was scared. Sending plenty of healing vibes for the ginger boy. My old boy cut above his eye last year, swelled up so much it looked like he'd gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson but healed fine and you can't tell now.

Yes he looks like he's beeen boxing. Poor lad, I've just been to check him. He's very quiet and it looks awful swollen. Bless him he is so good mannered. He is so un dramatic too, madam would be shouting the odds by now telling the whole island!!

Reactions: Lissie
Oh poor Zi. Hopefully he will heal quickly, he's lucky that he didn't damage his eye. I'm sure you were shocked to find him with an injury.

He is having a leg stretch in the late afternoon sun on the yard. I'm watching him through the kitchen window. Thank goodness it isn't worse. That storm really shook both of us last night, it was very eerie and some of the noises were quite terrifying. Our hob in the kitchen switched itself on and started beeping:eek:but then the cracks we heard also were so noisy. In a way maybe we should have gone outside and shut him in? But he might have injured himself inside who knows.o_O

Reactions: Lissie
Ouchies, poor Zi. Hope the big lad is on the mend and feeling better soon x Have you taken some photos so you can compare as it gets better?

newrider.com