Vibes needed please for horse at work

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
well one of the horses at work had the vet today (see other thread http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202652 ) and when vet arrived Sid (the horse) was dripping with sweat, lethargic and and slightly aneamic. He was very aggressive towards he vet at any touch of his stomach which just isn't Sid :( Vet wanted some blood tests so took 3 blood samples as wants to check his liver, kidneys and something else. We should get the results tomorrow. Vet was quite concerned at how out of character Sid is and how he didn't have a temp but was anaemic and pouring with sweat despite having done nothing the fact Sid is so lethargic also concerned him. I asked if it was possible he may have stomach ulcers and he said it is possible and a lot of his symptoms say ulcers but some things don't match up. Vet isn't sure what the problem may be henmce the blood tests he said he will let me know the results so we can rule out some things and see where to go next.
Please send get well vibes to Sid as he is such a wonderful horse and usually such a kind gentle easy horse to see him being aggressive and very reactive to the lightest touch on his stomach is awful :( everytime the vet went to touch his stomach no matter how much/little pressure Sid gave huge reactions.

I had a horse like this last year,he had 3 impactions in his gut :(...spent 3 weeks at Liphook on a drip,not fun and the bills were evil!

Hope he's ok! x

newrider.com