Vet visit today :D

B

Black Beastie

Well had another vet appt today :), its now been 4 weeks since Eowyn hurt her leg and we were at the stage where we neded to see if we were going to shave it flat or leave to heal nicely.

So different vet came out (same practice) and she had been looking at this album (which I had sent the vets a link to to watch her progress when they werent there :) ) so knew where the wound was up to and wht stage we were at with the healing. She was aslking me how I felt about it, I felt it looked good was clean and the only thing wrong I thought was the massive lump.

Vet asked if she was a show horse said no not since she scarred theleg last year, she then asked is she wasclose behind i said o but I was hoping to get somewhere with her flat work so there could be times shen she may bang it with it being so bumpy.

Vet has assured me that most of it will disappear over time, she will have a lovely scar (not bothered about that Kia has anough for 5 horses) but her bump wont hinder her movement, I was relieved at that :)

So up to date picces :)

DSCF3151.jpg

DSCF3152.jpg

Shape of her leg
DSCF3154.jpg

DSCF3155.jpg

DSCF3156.jpg

Tail and rubs :)
DSCF3158.jpg

DSCF3159.jpg

AAAAAAnd vet said the wound now looks at the stage where she could return to being carefully ridden :) So I took her a short hack with Suzi and Dezi and she was soo excited that when she saw the saddle the tail and head went up and she neighed at it lol :biggrin: :giggle: So went for a nice leisurly walk then came back and she got a bath and popped back int the field :D

So fingers crossed we are getting to the end :)

She will be getting some soft fleece polo bandage on her back feet so as to protect it.

I dont want my vet bills either lol x :wink:

newrider.com