Vet/farrier costs, Ireland. also some vax Q's.....

IrishDQ

Mar 14, 2006
Ireland
Does anyone know the general cost of vaccinations such as tetanus and influenza vaccination in Ireland? and also, do they need these every year?
and teeth, do they need to be done every year? and do vets give discounts if you get vax & teeth done all at the same time?
and for the farrier costs, How much does it cost just for a trim? and how much extra for shoes?
Just trying to work out prices for keeping a horse on a budget lol.
Thanks! :D

Im in the north so don't know if it makes much difference. I pay £45 for shoes every 7 wks. Tetnus/flu (aka prevac) jab cost me £14.75 with £20 for a call out fee. (that was only 3wks ago.) Teeth rasped with sedation was £42.50 also with a £20 call out fee.

The only thing you would be saving by getting both done at the same time is an extra call out fee. Lady gets her flu jab every six months, and has her teeth checked every six months as well. She also see's a physio every 3/4 months at £15 a time for a check up and if any work is needed its still only £30.

I`d get the teeth done by a dentist rather than a vet.

Prices will vary according to what area you live in (more expensive in Dublin etc).

newrider.com