Very sore and sad

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well Storm bit me:( Never done it like this before. In the past she has nipped me but this was full on hard biting. My shoulders a mess! Well maybe not a mess but bloody sore and bruised. It was not aimed at me - but all the same she shouldn't have done it! She lunged at me over the stable door. I happened to be between her teeth and Chloe who was wandering past:(
I'm feeling sorry for myself and sore. Any spare healing vibes please. Its a lack of respect for sure and yard rest is no excuse! She knew she had done wrong as even before I shrieked she ran to the back of the stable. I think I need to be more firm when she pulls faces and snaps jaws near me in future. Even if its not aimed at me. Boo hiss.

Thanks guys. She's not nasty normally. She is quite mareish with lots of posturing - but not to me. I've just been caught in the middle. I need to make it clear its not acceptable to pull faces / lunge head when I'm standing there.
I can only say it's bad timing. Thank goodness for Germoline - its got a bit of local anaesthetic in it!

Ouch ouch ouch!!!! I had the same sort of issue when Cally double barrelled Xav while I was leading both. I wasn't hurt but could have been. It made me reinforce the rules and enforce my boundaries much more strictly. Sofar since then she has been angelic when coming in with Xav so hopefully Storm will learn sharpish that this is not ok! Healing vibes on their way. X

Reactions: Trewsers
Trewsers, you poor thing. My only horsey injury to require Minor Injuries' Clinic attention was a bite and likewise over the stable door.
People underestimate bites. It hurt a lot and my thumb joint was permanently deformed.

Much later my share was a notorious biter of stable staff and I took a firm line. So you are right to concentrate on some training. I hope it doesnt keep you awake to much tonigher and that it heals well.

Lots of healing vibes coming your way, looks sore. As you say she didn't mean it, bet she was almost as shocked as you. Unfortunately snapping at other horses is something Ale is terrible at and he goes for people too when he's in his stable. I have no idea how to stop him doing it though? Have tried lots of things to no avail.

Ouch!!! Trewsers that looks hideously painful! I can see how it really wasn't meant for you. Dolly is the most gentle and inoffensive horse to handle on the ground, but a couple of weeks back I was putting fly gel on her belly line and she cow kicked me and ripped all my knuckles .

I am ashamed to say my instant reaction was to wallop her in the ribs with the injured hand and growl loudly at her. It was only as I stood up I realised a feffing wasp was buzzing around her belly area. The pain of realising I had wrongly punished her was far greater than my scuffed knuckles. :(
a

Ouch T, that's sore!

I can offer lots of sympathy as I just had a run in with Minnie 2 weeks ago which left me in A&E and in a sling potentially for 6 weeks! I feel your pain, its hurts not just pain, but we also take it personally

Ouch, healing vibes coming your way
I would definitely be taking a firm line on threats not happening in you presence in future, it wasnt intended for you but she didnt care that you were in the way either :( naughty storm

newrider.com