useless random facts

That slugs and snails are different. I embarrassed myself at work after I trod on a snail by accident and said "Awh I feel bad but he's still moving so it's ok he can find another house"... I thought slugs were snails in the process of moving house!

I know how long a jiffy is :D
Apparently it's the amount of time it takes light to travel on centimetre! So now when someone says 'i'll be with you in a jiffy' you know that's pretty damn quick. he he I watch far too much QI

Lmao have you seen epic pfb??

"Actually hes a snail. Im a sluggg. No shell on me baby, it just slows me down!"
That did make me laugh!!

Oo I didnt know about a jiffy!! How interesting!

I heard on the radio today that woodlice have gills on their legs, and if they dry out they cant breathe because they are actually crustaceans, and also baby woodlice have fewer legs than grown up ones, they get their full compliment of legs at their final moult. I am so pleased to have been given the opportunity to share this. :)

I heard on the radio today that woodlice have gills on their legs, and if they dry out they cant breathe because they are actually crustaceans, and also baby woodlice have fewer legs than grown up ones, they get their full compliment of legs at their final moult. I am so pleased to have been given the opportunity to share this. :)

Love it! We call 'em wood pigs here. I never knew they were crustaceans!

PFB you do know that earwigs and woodlice are two different creatures ... like slugs and snails? Woz you making a joke? :D

Earwigs have little pincers on there bums and look icky. Woodlice are much cuter. Well as cute as a bug gets

Earwigs are very kind and maternal. That is what my mother told me. Probably so I wouldn't freak out when they came crawling out of the flowers on my dressing table! lol

Brill thread, the only random fact I can think of, when I was a kid I was told a horses tail hair takes 7 years to grow all the way down (of course it could have just been the riding school trying to stop us brats from trimming the ponies tails until they looked like bog brushes :p)

newrider.com