Useful phone apps

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Does anyone have any apps they downloaded on there phone that they find really useful.
I have a few.
I like business calendar 2. It is so versatile for my home and work life as I can colour code everything. So its easy to see at a glance what I'm doing when.
I have a sunrise/sunset alarm which you can set. I also have it customized to go off an hour before sunrise. Which means I can be up and out doing the animals just as it gets light. So with these short days I don't waste the daylight hours. The girls laugh, if where out on a late hack and it goes off they know it's sunset and we have 30minutes before it gets dark. We also know we should avoid the roads.
I've also got UK weather which seems to be pretty accurate for me. Also gives me a 5 day forecast which is regularly updated.
A little rain alerts app which gives me satellite image of the current rain clouds.
I have a few others like headache log and spending tracker too.
So share your best ones so we can check them out.

I use 'NW storm radar' and 'NW snow radar', good for tracking weather heading your way :) I use 'accuweather' for everyday forecasting. I use 'OS locate' when I'm riding unknown areas off of maps, its especially useful in the forest as if you get turned around you can't see the horizon to locate markers to find yourself on the map, it just give simple grid location off of GPS so no phone service needed. I also have 'the laminitis app' which is helpful if you have sugar intolerant beasties.

I have the bbc weather app which is excellent on the phone or ipad and very good for deciding in or out / rugs / no rugs and of course wind speeds.

newrider.com