Upset because my horse isnt right..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Feeling a bit bummed as he has a lot of stiffness in his hocks and back end :( not really sure what is going on but got back lady coming out asap and then vet if no conclusion from her

I just worry so much with anything like this

I'm having similar thing with Moët, she's not lame but just seems a bit uncomfy behind, got chiro coming out too, fingers crossed its just her pelvis being slightly out.

Add me to the pot, Jack is "off" behind, but my spidey senses are telling me it is his back rather than legs. I have Emma Dainty coming out on Thursday.

Such a worry, aren't they?

Add me to the pot, Jack is "off" behind, but my spidey senses are telling me it is his back rather than legs. I have Emma Dainty coming out on Thursday.

Such a worry, aren't they?

Oh dear, hope its nothing too serious. Similar with me, his legs don't look right but we think the problem may be his back.

I'm having similar thing with Moët, she's not lame but just seems a bit uncomfy behind, got chiro coming out too, fingers crossed its just her pelvis being slightly out.

Hope she's back to normal soon

Just a heads up. If your hrose does suddenly go stiff behind, it could be mild Azoturia and not a pulled back. If it is Azoturia you really need vet treatment.

I hope he is better soon Ale, how old is he?

Its always so worrying when our animals are not well, Cherie has been a bit 'off it' this week and two of my hens have been ill. One is recovering and the other one (totally different illness) is a 'watch, wait, and see' atm.

My head is spinning :frown:

Just a heads up. If your hrose does suddenly go stiff behind, it could be mild Azoturia and not a pulled back. If it is Azoturia you really need vet treatment.

Thanks I had my experience RI with me and she thinks its something to do with his back. From what I know of Azoturia the horse can barely move with it? He's not bad bad just not right, but thanks

I hope he is better soon Ale, how old is he?

Its always so worrying when our animals are not well, Cherie has been a bit 'off it' this week and two of my hens have been ill. One is recovering and the other one (totally different illness) is a 'watch, wait, and see' atm.

My head is spinning :frown:

He's just turned 8. Hope they are all doing better soon!

Mine and another horse in the yard got tilted pelvises from rolling. It was put right by the chiro. FC it's something simple like that.

Had a similar thing a few months ago with Magic. Just wasn't 'right' behind. Had the vet out who started mentioning all sorts of things and left me with the instructions to ride him as normal to see if the lameness worsened. I rang my physio lady who is brilliant and she came and found some tightness in his back. After she treated him, he was back to his old self. Wish I'd spoken to her before the vet! Hope it's something simple xx

Thanks I had my experience RI with me and she thinks its something to do with his back. From what I know of Azoturia the horse can barely move with it? He's not bad bad just not right, but thanks

Azoturia can come in many forms from one sided, front muscles, back end muscles, slight to them being seized solid. Some horses can get it over and over again in mild doses and some get one mild attack and never again.

It happens when you least expect it.

I had similar a couple of weeks ago. Been working flipo a bit more this year and he just didnt feel right, more trippy, the odd stumble behind. I was sure he'd gone lame again (remedial farriery two years ago and I've always worried it would worsen again). First stop Backman and that man has magic hands. Found a niggle in his bum which was making his whole back ripple down one side when he ran fingers over it. All sorted after one session, fabulous.
It could be something equally innocuous but worth getting it checked out obviously incase it is more serious like Wally suggests.

Moët felt normal today, didnt look stiff after riding which she did yesterday...hope everyone else's horses seem a bit more normal today too!

newrider.com