update - vet visit and pics

skewbald-mad

Sep 20, 2007
fife, scotland
ok so kaiser got sedated today for round 2 of vaccs, and the sedation did absolutely nothing to him!!!

was very tense when vet went in to see him, (after episode the other day vet and me decided stable was best) and after flying round the stable a few times and trying to squash us both, vet asked me to leave the stable so that he could try speaking to him, and after about 10 minutes of the vet nicely rubbing all his itchy spots, he seemed a bit better,

he rubbed the jag spot for ages before attempting to inject him, and he was just walking round in a circle which vet said was better than running at the walls, anyways got the injection in with out too much more effort, hurrah!!!:D

asked vet about his gelding, and he said he would like him calmer for it, so said just to do a bit more work with him introducing people (see who i can find!) and new smells, ie turps and meths (thanks wonketywoody!) and i have some nitting needles for practicing injections

vet is also going to pop in on his way home from the surgery a few nights a week to stop in and say hello just so kaiser doesent just see him as the man who puts needles into him, which i thought was a nice offer! so after all that, i think i may keep my vet, if he does keep coming in to see him kaiser should settle when he sees him and it is very handy having your vet 2 mins along the road,

so well done for reading all that and just to say a big well done, here are some pics of him! (kaiser not the vet:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D)

kaiser003.jpg

kaiser004-1.jpg

kaiser001-1.jpg

Well done sounds like Kaiser did well! You're really lucky your vet is so willing to do things like pop in to see him. Kaiser really is a stunner!

(where did you get his door plate, I want one for Ace like that!)

thank you, im so much happier today, esp after he wouldnt come near me after vets last visit,

door plate was from someone on ebay, you send a few pics and they paint a pic of them, wait and ill try find the link for you.....

ps - 5 foot rug in the bottom pic!! he has had a growth spurt since the last time it was on him too as looks more like mini skirt than the last time!

He is an absolute babe!!!!!!!!! Very lovely indeed!! (i'll get my coat -he's pulled:p)

Back to the subject then! Your vet sounds very nice I think you're doing the right thing, keep using him. By popping in on his way home it'll really help.

Well done! the both of you!!

ha ha ill tell him, he will be very chuffed!!:D:D:D

yep nice vet, hopefully kaiser will get more confident with him, and strangers in general! just got to find some to bring along! (NR meet at my livery yard anyone???;);):D:D:D:D)

Must say your Vet sounds as though he is going out of his way to help.....
Keep him:D

Kaiser is looking good, it must be the time of year because Morse has been on a bit of a growth spurt as well...

thats much better news!!

what a lovely vet too - how dare you consider changing;):D

im loving the picture of him in his little t/o rug, too cute

That's really good news!! you must have been dreading the vet coming out after what happened t'other day!

That vet is amazing!! please can he travel down to warwickshire:D My vet is really short tempered which makes the horses play up more!.

He is looking nice in those piccies! Calli is onto a 5ft rug now too, not that she's wearing one much!.

Keep up the good work, sounds like you have some great ideas on the go to help kaiser to like his vet.

Aw well done Kaiser. It sounds like your vet has decided on a much better approach now and hopefully Kaiser will soon get used to him and build up his confidence around him :)

Sounds like a fantastic vet - but - please, don't go practicing injections by jabbing with knitting needles!! (I realise you will only be poking not actually stabbing)

Hey

Sounds as though he is getting better!!!

I used a clicky pen to acclimatise Kia as he used to try to squash the vet so he injected himself :rolleyes:

I did this with him for about a month every day so it was jab then treat then jab then treat three times everyday and after that he was fine.

Sounds brilliant tho that that vet made friends with him!!!

Nikki xxxx

newrider.com