Update on the boy! Including massive rider error!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Well sox is doing well bless him! We are currently doing 20 mins of walking with a view to increase this if he is ok. My fitness plan ( 11 weeks) i have redone for safety really, so new plan is around 13 weeks. :D We even had a little trot a few day ago ( unplanned, he wanted to so I felt he must be feeling better so i let him!)
He has also been a very brave boy! Considering on one of our first rides we had to go passed a school ( the kids were dong PE outside) sox could hear them but not see them! He looked but nothing more. We have gone passed buses, lorries, prams, idiot drivers. I even took him passed the car garage and up to Sainsbury's ( It was quite busy and i could feel it was getting a bit much so we turned around)

Now Massive rider error. Took the boy out for a plod. Just leaving the yard ( I was the only person there so had to close the gate . So i used a gate at the other side of the road to hop on. Parked sox up. Put my left foot in the stirrup and hopped on. As soon as my bum touched the saddle i had a 'Oh F**k!! Moment as my saddle slipped to the left. Sox walked a step then turned to the right. Which made my saddle slip more! I was able to hop off. Tried lifting the saddle though had to undo the girth , redo the tack and rebuckle the girth, tightly. My super boy sox. He litrally just stood like a rock while i messed about with his tack and redid his girth. He was such a good boy! We had a brief moment , just me and him. It was pretty much ' Thank you so much, what a good boy you are sox! 27657909_10159802045755167_136801107993048906_n[1].jpg
I have never ever done it before in almost 20 years of riding. Lesson learnt. I will never not check the girth again!!

Is that the vets work programme of 11 weeks. Or are you seeing how his get are and reassessing boots or shoes.
Can't really recall what the problem was with the lameness.

@Trewsers considering he tries to walk away when i do the girth, yes.! :)
Is that the vets work programme of 11 weeks. Or are you seeing how his get are and reassessing boots or shoes.
Can't really recall what the problem was with the lameness.
Its actually mine, well i read it on h&h Lol. In short i am still following my plan but seeing how he goes and if i need to tweak it do so. Still in boots at the moment.
The issue was he was on and off lame over 2-3 years. In the end we found out it was navicular well that was part of the problem.

newrider.com