update on ted

ali cat

well--a few weeks ago i put on here my ad for ted -up for sale on the net

i was selling him because my son and gf weren't giving promised help and gf(teds rider while i am suffering damaged coccyx ) had lost confidence cos ted is scared of buses sneaking up behind him on the roads

guess what???

you'll never be able to guess!!!!

we stable ted on a farm where grazing is on a TA firing range. when the army is practising the horses have to be confined to small pasture at far end of field

usually YO opens gate-calls for the horses and they wander in there-takes a while but they do it

last week the army were firing midweek and YO wasn't able to move them for some reason--and her hubby the laziest farmer in the world had to do it---his method???

take the range rover in the field and round up horses by driving at them blasting on car horn and chasing them full length of cliff tops into small pasture!!!!!!!

welllllll how bl##dy stupid can you get. 2 horses lame for other liveries and one Ted scared to bits again

i am now waitng for place to become available at lovcal riding school-Ted is outta there ASAP---just wish i could do it NOW

can't say much to grumpy farmer as Ted would be out on streets with his bag packed for him and i have nowhere else for him yet

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr---

oh, and by the way-have changed me mind about selling--my partner is going to help me out financially next yr so Ted can go full livery--i think he'd rather do that than spend the hours mucking out that he has done this winter:)

funny thing is --he is not at all scared of guns--you could fire in front of his nose and he wouldna care---but a double decker approaching from behind--or a bus stop/shelter for that matter--well thats different--i have said to him on numerous occasions

i have never seen that bus stop move from that spot so why the snorting and the hiding behind me:)?

ali

ali cat said:
funny thing is --he is not at all scared of guns--you could fire in front of his nose and he wouldna care---but a double decker approaching from behind--or a bus stop/shelter for that matter--well thats different--i have said to him on numerous occasions

i have never seen that bus stop move from that spot so why the snorting and the hiding behind me:)?

ali

It's typical isn't it? You can have a horse that's brave about most things but a complete chicken about others. Kizzy is happy to be ridden along a busy road with lorries, motorbikes, and even ambulances whizzing past, and she couldn't care less about thunder, or shooting, or screaming children... but getting her to walk past something in a hedge is just out of the question :rolleyes:

Ali just a thought. Do you know if Ted has ever driven? Just wondering how he would work in blinkers. Do you still have him up in Northumbria or did you bring him close to shields. Pm me and let me know where you have him as I am assuming when you say the cliff tops its near you in shields where the rifle range is at Whitburn.

Glad to hear your not selling him and the best of luck. Hope to see you soon

Oh and dont forget Rhi hides behind me :D

Last edited:
HE HASN'T DRIVEN AS FAR AS I KNOW -WE WERE GOING TO GET HIM TRAINED TO DO THIS--oops we use capitals at work sorry--forgot to change

anyway the plan was to have him trained for driving this spring --may still do that,,we just wanted him to improve in traffic first--and he has -despite farmer

yes we are on the range at whitburn--as you say --its closer to home for me --you know what its like when you dont drive miriam:)

if you wanna come see him sometime it'd be good to see you too--but i know you havena got transport same as me so mebbe it'll have to be next northern meet up

ali

newrider.com